Windows 10: Switch local account to Microsoft login

Discus and support Switch local account to Microsoft login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JordanS_595, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Switch local account to Microsoft login

I initially made a local account on my computer, but want to have this account info switched to my Microsoft login without having to manually move all user info.

Most online searching mentions a link to "login to Microsoft account", but that is not displayed in my user account area. My situation is just like the unresolved problem in this thread, and like him that last suggestion only takes me to the online login page.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-from-a-local-account-to-a-microsoft/09cd0c50-7cae-45b2-a5a0-b7f4ee200fec

I would appreciate any help to figure this out!

:)

JordanS_595, Mar 31, 2020

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Switch local account to Microsoft login

Help Removing Microsoft Account login

I am not sure if you want to switch to a local account instead of your Microsoft account, or if you want to keep your Microsoft account but login automatically instead of having to type the password.

See these tutorials:

Thema:

Switch local account to Microsoft login

1. Switch local account to Microsoft login - Similar Threads - Switch local account

2. Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...: I've been searching for a solution to this issue and found it to be very common and widespread among Windows 10/11 users. Although I did find a potential solution to this issue I haven't tried it yet, I did not find it here in Microsoft's Community forum. That's...
  3. Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...: I've been searching for a solution to this issue and found it to be very common and widespread among Windows 10/11 users. Although I did find a potential solution to this issue I haven't tried it yet, I did not find it here in Microsoft's Community forum. That's...
  4. Trouble switching from Microsoft Account login back to local account login on my PC same...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  6. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  7. Switch local to microsoft account on windows

Switch local to microsoft account on windows: i'm trying to switch my windows local account to my Microsoft account but after i go to setting>accounts>your_info>sign in with a Microsoft account instead and write down my user name and password i get a message that another user on this device using my Microsoft account...
  8. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  9. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...
  10. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...