Windows 10: Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; My guess is that since it was renamed is why it was allowed to switch to a Microsoft account. I'm just not sure why it can't switch back. Odd one. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by niksus, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

My guess is that since it was renamed is why it was allowed to switch to a Microsoft account. I'm just not sure why it can't switch back. Odd one.

Brink, Aug 19, 2015

2. I've already done this once before, but without any warning the account changed back to using microsoft to sign in. I fixed it, but is there a way to make sure that doesn't happen again?

listenersfury, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello listenersfury, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Are you sure your account didn't switch to a Microsoft account by mistake when for example signing in to the Store or some other app that requires a Microsoft account??

Brink, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

It doesn't work independently from the local account? From the way the text was written, it made it seem like it would. every time i use an app, will it revert to using the microsoft account to sign in? If so, is there a way to stop it?

listenersfury, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Alanjh Win User
    Thanks for the tutorial Shawn!

Alanjh, Sep 1, 2015
  7. slyphnier Win User
    hello brink

I want to know is there a way to disable Microsoft account service?
    or prevent windows10 to login to Microsoft account service

although it have benefit, but I don't need those sync feature
    as I backup my user profile periodically myself

slyphnier, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Slyphnier, *Smile

A local account would not use the Microsoft account service, so you could switch your account to be a local account to do so.

Brink, Sep 16, 2015
  9. mandy Win User
    Thanks, Brink. I followed your step by step instructions and disconnected ms account from my login to Win10.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Cheers!

mandy, Oct 15, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad it could help Mandy, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Oct 15, 2015
  11. drugo Win User
    hi
    for local account , must i add a password ?
    or can i switch to a local account without adding a password
    thanks

drugo, Jan 2, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 2, 2016
  13. drugo Win User

drugo, Jan 2, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jan 2, 2016
  15. RJD
    rjd Win User
    Brink,
    Thanks for the very articles you have provided for the community. Just upgraded from Windows 7 ultimate to Window 10 Pro (all updates included; build version 10586). No major issues except this one in particular. I cannot switch back from the Microsoft account to my local account (admin account). Any advice/hints would be greatly appreciated. The following is echoed on the "Switch to a local account" screen: "Windows is already using that name. Please enter a different user name."

It has been stated that this is a bug. I have found no other way to get back to my local account than to do a system restore (works).
    See this:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...cd3fa9b?page=1

Here is a screen capture:

Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Thanks!

Thema:

1. Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switch Local Account

2. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  3. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  4. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10: There is no button in settings to change my current MS account to Local account. I can only manage my MS account with redirecting to account.microsoft.comi already restore my system and it dont work...
  5. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10: There is no button in settings to change my current MS account to Local account. I can only manage my MS account with redirecting to account.microsoft.comi already restore my system and it dont work...
  6. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Switch to local account missing Windows 10

Switch to local account missing Windows 10: I want to switch to local account but the option is missing on windows 10 settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-to-local-account-missing-windows-10/f9a4adae-8a9b-4eae-b222-4cf9082f0bb2
  8. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  9. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  10. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is already using that name