Windows 10: Switching between full screen apps

Discus and support Switching between full screen apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulsalter, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Switching between full screen apps

I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them

in 8/8.1
    go to start screen
    load app
    go to start screen
    load another app
    now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want

in 10
    go to start screen
    load app and use new charms to enable full screen
    go to start screen
    load another app and use new charms to select full screen

how do I get back to first app with the mouse, moving the mouse to all corners, top, bottom, sides nothing happens
    the only option I can use is the minimize button, which dumps me back on the desktop, then I can select the apps from the taskbar, but they have all lost the full screen setting I selected

I understand this side of things might not have been worked on yet, but what a confusing/long winded way to swap between apps

or am I missing something?

:)

paulsalter, Oct 5, 2014
  2. BielVeras Win User

Maintaining full screen while switching between two desktops.

Hello! I was wondering if this option is possible. I prefer playing games on full screen mode, and the new option to use more than one desktop really helps me organize my game windows and browsers. The problem is that if I have two games running at the same
    time, on different desktops, and one or both of them is in full screen mode, If I switch to another desktop and switch back, it doesn`t automatically open the full screen game I was playing. Instead, it shows me the desktop and I have to go and click on the
    icon at the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to open it back up.

Is there a way that I can configure the screen switching so that it doesn`t exit full screen mode when I switch to another desktop?

BielVeras, Oct 5, 2014
  3. BielVeras Win User
    Maintaining full screen while switching between two desktops.

Hi.

All the settings were on, although I read through their descriptions, and none of them seem pertinent to this issue. Also, I don't believe this to be a bug or an error, but rather the standard behavior of the operating system. I was just wondering if there
    is a way that I can configure the desktop switch so that it doesn't automatically exit fullscreen.

BielVeras, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Switching between full screen apps

Brink, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Thanks, I will have a read through all that tomorrow (signing off for the night, my head is going to explode testing out 10 today)

That looks like it might work via touch, but not sure with keyboard/mouse as when in a full screen app I don't see the taskbar

Will give it another check tomorrow

Cheers for the information

paulsalter, Oct 5, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Your welcome. Have fun playing with it. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Switching between full screen apps

1. Switching between full screen apps - Similar Threads - Switching between full

2. I can' t switch between apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can' t switch between apps: For example i was playing a game and when I alt tabbed to go on google to do a research it wasn't loading up the page so i went back to the game and the game and i got kicked out for connection lost and after like 3seconds it went back to normal so i tried to not use alt tab...
  3. I can' t switch between apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can' t switch between apps: For example i was playing a game and when I alt tabbed to go on google to do a research it wasn't loading up the page so i went back to the game and the game and i got kicked out for connection lost and after like 3seconds it went back to normal so i tried to not use alt tab...
  4. Switching between apps automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between apps automatically: I have a new ASUS laptop and when I open something like File Explorer and then select one of the files, frequently from the open file, I pop back to the File Explorer list. How do I stop this?...
  5. Switching between apps automatically

Switching between apps automatically: I have a new ASUS laptop and when I open something like File Explorer and then select one of the files, frequently from the open file, I pop back to the File Explorer list. How do I stop this?...
  6. How to switch from a full screen app to a system tray app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch from a full screen app to a system tray app?: I play a game and want on occasion to open something that's minimized to system tray. In Windows 10 I used to press Ctrl-Esc or Win key so taskbar appears, and I can either double click the small icon in system tray, or right click it and the application's menu appears and I...
  7. How to switch from a full screen app to a system tray app?

How to switch from a full screen app to a system tray app?: I play a game and want on occasion to open something that's minimized to system tray. In Windows 10 I used to press Ctrl-Esc or Win key so taskbar appears, and I can either double click the small icon in system tray, or right click it and the application's menu appears and I...
  8. Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App: Hey guys, I hope everyone is keeping well! Does anyone know if there is a way to instantly switch and open the last opened app? any hacks included, regedit ect E.g: there's 12 apps open. Using either a shortcut or touchpad gesture, instantly switch between app A & C, C & A...
  9. Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops: Someone had already asked my question, but didn't get an answer, I've searched and I haven't found any solution or even answer if its possible. Basically, when you switch between virtual desktops using Ctrl+Winkey+Left arrow or right arrow the game gets minimized so when you...
  10. How to switch to full screen in Teams Desktop app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch to full screen in Teams Desktop app?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fuck_off_boomer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j74xzr/how_to_switch_to_full_screen_in_teams_desktop_app/