Windows 10: Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus

Discus and support Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just let my McAfee subscription expire. I want to make sure that I am now covered by Windows Defender Antivirus. When I go to the Virus and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by corinneDD, Feb 7, 2019.

1. corinneDD Win User

Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus

I have just let my McAfee subscription expire. I want to make sure that I am now covered by Windows Defender Antivirus. When I go to the Virus and Threat Protection Screen from the Windows Defender Antivirus site what comes up is the following:

McAfee Virus Scan

McAfee Virus Scan is installed as an antivirus provider

(green check symbol is here) No actions needed

(then in blue text it says) Open McAfee Virus Screen

When I do this it brings me to the McAfee site which states my subscription is expired. When I go back to the Virus and Threat Protection page I CLICK ON WINDOWS DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS AND WHAT COMES UP IS THE FOLLOWING:

You can keep using your current provider and have Windows Defender Antivirus periodically check for threats.

Under that is: Periodic Scanning -off

Apparently I have the option of turning it off. I don't know what to do to make sure that WDA recognizes that my computer is not protected by McAfee and that WDA will take over full protection. Please advise and thank you for your time and consideration.

:)

corinneDD, Feb 7, 2019

2. Windows 10, Windows Defender, McAfee Antivirus App

My new HP Note Book came equipped with McAfee antivirus program. I kept it. Windows Defender is shown as being "ON". I understand two such programs should not run at the same time. I looked in my security settings and found that even if I were to turn
    off Defender, after awhile it would turn itself back on. This seems odd to me. What is the correct way (step by step please) to turn off Defender and keep it off since I use McAfee and will renew it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moogerditch5, Feb 7, 2019
  3. QNAP Releases McAfee Antivirus for Turbo NAS

Step right up, folks! Yes, now your QNAP Turbo NAS can feel as sluggish as your desktop PC with a new McAfee AntiVirus subscription. And let's not forget that false sense of security when malware walks right past McAfee AV without even a squawk.
    *Roll :roll:

Static~Charge, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows 10, Windows Defender, McAfee Antivirus App

If McAfee were properly installed Windows Defender should have been disabled. You may wish to confer with McAfee Support or seek advice from the McAfee Forum.

McAfee

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home

Or see the following tutorial on how to disable Windows Defender on Win 10:Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Regards…

Le Boule, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus - Similar Threads - Switching McAfee Defender

2. How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection: How do I switch from McAfee antivirus protection to Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mcafee-to-window-defender-for/fc641720-c141-4dd5-8620-f52e994663cb
  3. How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection: How do I switch from McAfee antivirus protection to Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mcafee-to-window-defender-for/fc641720-c141-4dd5-8620-f52e994663cb
  4. McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection: I bought a new computer that comes with McAfee VirusScan and Firewall already installed. By this being installed, the Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall are turned off. The McAfee software is for 30 days trial. My questionIs Microsoft Window Defender software as good as...
  5. If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?

If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?: So, i have mcafee livesave pre-installed on my new laptop and i'm getting sick of trial antiviruses, and i wan't to uninstall it, so if i uninstall mcafee livesave will my pc be protected this time by windows defender?...
  6. Make McAfee primary Antivirus instead of Defender

Make McAfee primary Antivirus instead of Defender: Running Win 10 2004 Home McAfee version 16.0 Release 16.0 R25 I am unable to switch virus scan to McAfee from Defender. When selecting Manage Providers see the option to turn on McAfee, but selecting it does nothing. The same with firewall protection. But when I look...
  7. Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus

Remove McAfee and use Windows Defender as AntiVirus: How do I get rid of McAfee AV so that I can use Windows Defender? I just started up my new Asus GL703GE Laptop for first time out of the box. After all updates were installed, I am trying to get rid of McAfee so that I can use Windows Defender as my AV. After many googles,...
  8. switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender: My new computer came with a 30 day trial version of McAfee. I do not wish to use it and want to turn windows firewall and defender back on. I can turn off McAfee firewall, but I can't seem to find how to turn defender and firewall on. McAfee seems to be blocking every...
  9. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  10. Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?

Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?: I don't know what Windows Defender is about so I bought McAfee antivirus program. Please help me understand what is best, as I'm a retired person with fixed income and I don't know much about computer. I use a laptop. I was scammed once and paid hundred of dollars. That's why...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to switch from mcafee to windows defender

2. how to change from mcafee to windows defender

3. switch from mcafee to windows defender

4. switch from mcafee to windows 10 defender,
  5. replace mcafee with windows defender,
  6. change mcafee to windows defender,
  7. change from mcafee to windows defender,
  8. how to switch mcafee to windows defender,
  9. how to replace mcafee with windows defender,
  10. how to switch from mcafee to defender,
  11. switching from mcafee to windows defender,