Windows 10: Sync Centre failing after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Sync Centre failing after upgrading to Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my Thinkpad X230 was recently upgraded to release 1903 of Windows 10, and now the Sync Centre / offline files feature is playing up, having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BJGlendinning, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Sync Centre failing after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

Hi, my Thinkpad X230 was recently upgraded to release 1903 of Windows 10, and now the Sync Centre / offline files feature is playing up, having previously been very reliable (laptop is on a domain, connected to a Server 2102 Essentials R2 box).

Since the 1903 upgrade, opening Sync Centre and starting a sync works - once. Asked to sync a second time, and it responds with "Sync Failed". Opening Settings (the gear wheel) and typing "Sync", shows that Sync Centre has now disappeared as an option at the bottom of the list. Accessing Sync Centre via the Control Panel is successful, but sync doesn't now work (synchronisation failed). In "Manage Offline Files" Windows states "Offline Files are enabled, to use restart your computer" or similar. I restart the laptop, go into Sync Centre (which has now reappeared in Settings) and synchronisation works again - once - before once again failing on second attempt, restarting the whole scenario of rebooting the PC to get it to sync once again. I know this must be related to Windows 10 1903 because I reinstalled the laptop to attempt to fix the issue (having also tried restoring the PC to an earlier snapshot from the server) with a fresh download of Windows 10 1903, and the problem was the same, failed on second attempt. Any suggestions? I have posted this issue on Windows Feedback (twice) but no response to the posts.

:)

BJGlendinning, Aug 20, 2019
  2. clayto Win User

Sync Centre

Thanks very much for all the info, you are the first person to suggest I am heading up a blind alley with regard to Sync Centre on my Windows Home PC. It is worth knowing! I will try connecting my phone to the PC as you suggest, and let you know.

clayto, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Sync Centre failing after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Sync Centre failing after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

1. Sync Centre failing after upgrading to Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Sync Centre failing

2. Sync Centre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Centre: We setup Sync Centre via GPO and is no longer require.If I disable the Sync Centre how will this effect any files that are currently syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-centre/c74ba7c9-0c58-4245-b14b-4c2da693912c
  3. Sync Centre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Centre: We setup Sync Centre via GPO and is no longer require.If I disable the Sync Centre how will this effect any files that are currently syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-centre/c74ba7c9-0c58-4245-b14b-4c2da693912c
  4. Sync Centre

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. upgrade to Windows 10 1903 or 1909 failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade to Windows 10 1903 or 1909 failed: Hello, I've tried upgrade from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1903 or 1909 using different methods automatic update or "using Windows 10 update assistant" or using your "Media Creation Tool". They all seem to fail with "Error 0x80070714". For example, you may find my...
  6. Failing to upgrade to Windows 10, version 1903

Failing to upgrade to Windows 10, version 1903: Hi I have been trying to upgrade windows 10 to windows 10 1903 but I keep getting the same error error 0x800700c1 I have tried many ways but I still get the same error as seen in this photo. [ATTACH] Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Saqib...
  7. Upgrade of Windwos 10 to 1903 fails

Upgrade of Windwos 10 to 1903 fails: I have tried to update my computer twice now to Windows 10 1903. Each time, on the second reboot the progress indicator gets to about 40% and then the computer powers-down. When the computer is turned on it does not boot until the reset button is pressed. Then it rolls back...
  8. upgrade to windows 1903 failes

upgrade to windows 1903 failes: the update is not executed. The system gives the error message 0x80240034 What can I do to solve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-1903-failes/1295a031-9f59-4d6c-a299-a58e3cf8e0d1
  9. Windows 10 1903 Upgrade Fails

Windows 10 1903 Upgrade Fails: With the urgency to upgrade from 1803 to 1903, I need assistance with this failure to upgrade. I have used this document as a guide: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot-feature-update-install-failures/eaf4ff24-64d6-4c72-824c-3ba3df716fc3 I...
  10. Windows 10 1903 failed upgrade

Windows 10 1903 failed upgrade: Hi, I tried several times to upgrade windows 10 to version 1903 but the upgrade failed in all occasions with error code 0XC1900101 – 0x20017. Several sites mention that the problem is associated with device drivers but I have no idea how to fix it. I attempted to upgrade...