Windows 10: sync my two computers

Discus and support sync my two computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have 2 computers both running win10. One is win10 home and the other is win10 pro. I am making their setting identical for the most part but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dmslive, Sep 23, 2017.

1. dmslive Win User

sync my two computers

Hi. I have 2 computers both running win10. One is win10 home and the other is win10 pro. I am making their setting identical for the most part but I am doing it one at a time. Is there a way I can set my desktop and then sync it with my laptop? Also how can I make them communicate with each other so when I work on one I can continue on the other? And, should I set up a homegroup for networking? I am not a business I just want two identical setups that will talk to each other so when I change a setting on one it will be on the other.

I hope my quest is doable and if anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

David

:)

dmslive, Sep 23, 2017
  2. KGP
    KGP Win User

Sync to two computers?

This reminds me of a problem that I am having. I have an Orange SPV M3100 mobile device running Windows mobile, and was happily ActivSyncing to both home laptop and work PC.

I moved the Outlook storage location of my work PC to make backup easier and this threw the ActivSync on the work PC; I suppose it couldn't find the files.

Following advice on the forum I deleted the mobile relationship on the work PC and reconnected.
    It coupled again but lost all calendar data before that date on the mobile device (laptop and work PC details remain).

Now, if I type an appointment into the home laptop it transfers to the mobile device but will not sync to the work desktop.
    Why?

Any clues?

3. Cannot sync two computers

Hi

I have a IPaq 6815 that was syncing fine with version 4, but i have upgraded to version 4.5 as we upgraded the PC's. Now you can sync a computer, go to the second computer and sync, different names and all works fine.

Go back to pc 1, sync will not work, it does not know that it had synced before, you have to delete one of the id's on the pda and recreate.

Anyone had the same problem?

Many thanks

Ian

Ian Braybrooke, Sep 23, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

sync my two computers

Hi there, David. So far as syncing, here is a tutorial with a list of what is synced: Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Depending on the extent, communicating with one another can be done in a few ways:

You can fetch files from other PCs/devices when online via OneDrive: Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Or with Home network: Create Homegroup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Remote Desktop: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Tony K, Sep 23, 2017
  5. dmslive Win User
    I don't know if this is how I can thank you HippsieGypsie but thanks for the links, I'm going to get right on it

If this is not the proper way to reply with my thanks can you tell me the right protocol to follow?

Thanks again,

Dave

dmslive, Sep 23, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    You're very welcome, Dave. Glad I could help. Please call me Tony or HG. *Smile

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sync my two computers

1. sync my two computers - Similar Threads - sync computers

2. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  3. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  4. How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?: I'd like to learn how to use Google Drive. I have about 11 thousand downloads stored on my computer, and I'd like to back them up into the cloud in case anything happens to my computer, but I have a few concerns and questions. My first and most important question is: How do I...
  5. How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?

How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?: I'd like to learn how to use Google Drive. I have about 11 thousand downloads stored on my computer, and I'd like to back them up into the cloud in case anything happens to my computer, but I have a few concerns and questions. My first and most important question is: How do I...
  6. OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer: So earlier today i decided to Sync my Pc with Onedrive because it kept telling me to, but then there was a few apps that couldn’t Sync so i wanted to stop and quit Syncing altogether but when i try to it causes problems for everything, my Desktop shortcuts just disappear and...
  7. OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer

OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer: So earlier today i decided to Sync my Pc with Onedrive because it kept telling me to, but then there was a few apps that couldn’t Sync so i wanted to stop and quit Syncing altogether but when i try to it causes problems for everything, my Desktop shortcuts just disappear and...
  8. My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email, how do i fix this?

in Cortana
    My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email, how do i fix this?: My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email? ie; i checked my emails at my mums house now all her stuff is on my computer.i'd like to ring someone to talk me through a solution. as since one drive was activated on my work computer all my outlook has...
  9. My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email, how do i fix this?: My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email? ie; i checked my emails at my mums house now all her stuff is on my computer.i'd like to ring someone to talk me through a solution. as since one drive was activated on my work computer all my outlook has...
  10. My onedrive seems to sync to every computer i log into on my email, how do i fix this?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keep 2 computers in sync

2. Can you tell me how I sync both of my surface computers