Windows 10: Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files on your PC in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by tracit99, Aug 17, 2017.

1. tracit99 Win User

Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files on your PC in Windows 10

Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.

The OneDrive Fetch files feature allows you to access all your files on a PC from another computer by going to the OneDrive website. You can even access network locations if they're included in the PC's libraries or mapped as drives. When you browse a PC's files remotely, you can download copies of them to work on. You can also stream video and view photos in a slide show.

To access files on your PC remotely, make sure the PC you want to access is turned on and connected to the Internet. OneDrive also needs to be running on that PC, and the Fetch files setting must be turned on.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off using OneDrive to fetch files on your Windows 10 PC from any other PC.

Note You will need to be signed in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account to be able to use the OneDrive Fetch files feature.

When you go to the OneDrive website on another PC to remotely fetch files on your PC, you will need to sign in to the OneDrive website with the same Microsoft account that you use to sign in to the PC that you want to fetch files from.

When you connect to a PC to fetch its files from the trusted device in your Microsoft account.

EXAMPLE: OneDrive Fetch Files on your PC

Here's How:
    1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive
    notification area icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If OneDrive is currently not running to show this icon, then run: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

2. In the Settings tab, check (turn on) or uncheck (turn off) the Let me use OneDrive to fetch any of my files on this PC box under the top "General" section, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

tracit99, Aug 17, 2017
  2. CraigLong Win User

Remote Desktop Connection

OneDrive is easy to access if you have all your files there.

But you can access your local computer files with "Fetch files" from the online OneDrive. Do you have "Fetch" turned on in the OneDrive settings on the PC you are trying to access? If not then Fetch will not work. The computer has to be turned on also
    but maybe it could be woken up.

Fetch files on your PC

CraigLong, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Cannot fetch files with one drive

I have installed Windows 10 on two of my computers and have each setup in OneDrive to allow fetching of files through the OneDrive site. One of my computers will not allow fetching. I have removed the device in OneDrive several times and re-enrolled
    but the issue persists? any ideas?

JamesMagnuson, Aug 17, 2017
Thema:

Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off OneDrive

2. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off notifications for onedrive: Hi, at first I didn't mind, but now I'm starting to get a bit frustrated because every single day it reminds me that onedrive is full. I can't get more space on it, can I somehow turn off that notifications? If so please tell me how....
  3. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off notifications for onedrive: Hi, at first I didn't mind, but now I'm starting to get a bit frustrated because every single day it reminds me that onedrive is full. I can't get more space on it, can I somehow turn off that notifications? If so please tell me how....
  4. Missing files after turning off OneDrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files after turning off OneDrive backup: When I turned off backup in OneDrive, most files went missing. I've tried to disable "Files On-Demand" thinking it would fix the problem, but it hasn't. There are even other people that need help with this problem, and I'm trying to give them a solution, too. Please help...
  5. Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to...
  6. Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start OneDrive Automatically when you Sign in to Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you...
  7. Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update....
  8. Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Notifications for Shared Files in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in Windows 10 You can use OneDrive to share photos, Microsoft Office documents, other files, and entire folders with people....
  9. Add or Remove Windows 10 PCs from OneDrive Fetch Files

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Windows 10 PCs from OneDrive Fetch Files: How to: Add or Remove Windows 10 PCs from OneDrive Fetch Files How to Add or Remove Windows 10 PCs from OneDrive Fetch Files [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to...
  10. OneDrive Batch Upload - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    OneDrive Batch Upload - Turn On or Off in Windows 10: How to: OneDrive Batch Upload - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Uploading Files in Batches in Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online...