Windows 10: 'Sync your settings'

Discus and support 'Sync your settings' in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bob Hawkins, Jul 25, 2017.

1. 'Sync your settings'

I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account" and 'Sync settings' is off and greyed out. My laptop has 'sync settings' on. Both devices are set up the same way and I have the same Microsoft account for each. Both were synced once upon a time because I had the same background on both. I am unsure whether the change might have occurred when I updated both devices to Windows 10 last year. I appreciate there might be many reasons for the latest situation that will make the cause difficult to identify, but one suggestion or another might just help.

:)

Bob Hawkins, Jul 25, 2017
  2. Pinkneyrw Win User

Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings

I get a message in my account settings stating that "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this." I'm the administrator, haw do I fix this?

Pinkneyrw, Jul 25, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings

Hi Pinkneyrw, please try this:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Accounts - Access Work or School

Is there an Office 365 Account listed there?

If so, removing that will resolve this error . . .

DaveM121, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

'Sync your settings'

Brink, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Brink
    I have a Microsoft account; I signed into it just now. My laptop is recognised but not my desktop. I do not know the significance. I clicked, "Can’t see some of your devices? Check for others" in Sign in to your Microsoft account. "We didn’t find any other devices. Add more devices" followed. Next,
    "Windows 10 PCs
    Add your PC to use Find My Device and get support for it
    To add a Windows 10 PC:
    1. Go to Settings > Accounts > Your account
    2. Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    If your PC still isn't showing up, try adding the Microsoft account again."
    "Your info" shows, not "Your account" and "Sign in with a local account instead".
    I am at a loss.

6. swarfega Win User
    Did you verify your account? Check the accounts settings and if you see a verify link, you need to follow that.

swarfega, Jul 25, 2017
  7. Bob Hawkins, Jul 25, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

'Sync your settings'

Brink, Jul 25, 2017
  9. Brink
    I thank you for your reply and attempts to help. I fear I am stumped: My laptop is Windows 10 Pro but my desktop not. I have resisted carrying out any work to the registry ever as it takes me beyond my comfort zone. I do find the issue confusing, however, as I commented in my opening post: the background on my laptop would change automatically when I changed it on the desktop, once upon a time.

10. swarfega Win User
    I would wait until tomorrow, maybe it's their end.

If you don't see the verify then you should be verified.

swarfega, Jul 25, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's ok Bob.

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file from step 2 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial. It's the default setting to enable sync settings.

Afterwards, you will hopefully be able to turn on or off Sync setting for what you want.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

'Sync your settings'

1. 'Sync your settings' - Similar Threads - 'Sync settings'

2. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  3. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  4. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  5. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  6. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  8. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  9. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  10. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....