Windows 10: System Font Restore

Discus and support System Font Restore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Somehow I have changed my system font and I would like to restore it back to the default setting. I went to Control Panel. Found Font Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by katiemac, Nov 22, 2017.

1. katiemac Win User

System Font Restore

Hi

Somehow I have changed my system font and I would like to restore it back to the default setting.

I went to Control Panel. Found Font Settings and then I clicked the button
    "Restore Default Font Settings". The button dimmed (like it was working) but nothing happened.

How can I restore it back to the original font?

:)

katiemac, Nov 22, 2017
  2. VRSAnand Win User

System font on windows10

Please help to restore default system font as all of sudden different font style is coming and I have not made any changes in system. And, have already tried below options suggested in other thread but no luck.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Control Panel.

c: Then click Fonts.

d: Then click Font Settings.

e: Now click Restore default font settings.

2. Last restore point was of 03/23/2018.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Search for Recovery.
    • Choose the restore point to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next.
    • Click Finish.

Output: System restore failed.

Waiting for your inputs to restore default system font. Thanks

VRSAnand, Nov 22, 2017
  3. All fonts have disappear in Windows 10

I installed the Window 10 upgrade. When I started my PC this morning there were no fonts connected to any programs. Word documents and even Windows systems file have no font associations and present an unintelligible display of symbols, boxes and check marks.
    I cannot navigate the OS to try to restore the fonts because nothing is readable. How can I restore the system fonts in Windows 10?

Scott Ferree, Nov 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

System Font Restore

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  5. katiemac Win User
    Hi

Thank you.
    I just did the restore from the link you sent earlier.
    I restarted computer and no change.

katiemac, Nov 23, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I can only think of two options, and one you may not have.
    a. System Restore- do you have any useful restore points prior to your change
    b. an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and data and most settings

The other possibility is to use a previously created disk image if you have one. Again and again we recommend people routinely use disk imaging so they can restore their PC to a previously good working state even if it's unbootable or the disk has to be replaced. E,g, Macium Reflect (free) + external storage for disk image sets.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System Font Restore

1. System Font Restore - Similar Threads - System Font Restore

2. Restore default Sinhala font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore default Sinhala font: I installed Sinhala language features through the settings then my Sinhala font changed to ugly font which is harder to readHow to restore windows 11 default Sinhala font? I uninstalled Sinhala language features, but nothing changed....
  3. Restore default Sinhala font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore default Sinhala font: I installed Sinhala language features through the settings then my Sinhala font changed to ugly font which is harder to readHow to restore windows 11 default Sinhala font? I uninstalled Sinhala language features, but nothing changed....
  4. System font

in Windows 10 Customization
    System font: How do I change the background w10 font that shows up when W10 first opens on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-font/d8d1a0a1-a404-4589-80be-29ad9b7e4ea9
  5. How to restore default system fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default system fonts?: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has taken over as the default system font - as you can see in the attached screenshot of a random webpage. Wherever another font is...
  6. how to restore windows font

how to restore windows font: hi, Recently, I changed my windows 10 font using a Registry file written in Notepad and applied it in my PC. After then I am facing some problems like "COLON" symbol in time font at right down corner is not showing up. Will you please help me out? There is a screenshot of...
  7. How to restore default font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default font: I used registry to change font from the default font and now after trying to restore it the :;/- and other symbols are missing. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/gturtle72 [link] [comments]...
  8. Restore System Native Font

Restore System Native Font: Yesterday I created a font for a Writing System I'm working on, inspired on Segoe UI Regular, the native Windows 10 font, that's why I renamed the font "Segoe_UI_Khrivnivite"; when I was going to install the font I noticed that the text on the font window used the font I...
  9. Default font settings restore.

Default font settings restore.: How can I restore the default font settings on Windows 10. When I try by going through Control Panel the button to reset default settings just goes grey when I click on it....
  10. Restore Fonts Windows 10

Restore Fonts Windows 10: I really need to restore the fonts from Windows 10. Here's what I tried: "Go to the Windows 10 search field on the taskbar, and type Control Panel. Click on the Control Panel link under the search results, to open it. With the Control Panel open, go to Appearance and...