Windows 10: System Health Report

Discus and support System Health Report in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; *Arrow Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials Give perfmon /report in File Explorers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cliff S, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

System Health Report

Cliff S, Aug 1, 2015

2. System Health Report not generating report windows 10 64 bit

thanks I found this bug too and I concluded it started after KB3140768

I see you got a report to save too, with enough fidgeting with the open event trace sessions and so on I can get a report to save too, this windows feature isn't predictable though I haven't isolated a particular event trace session or why it eventually
    starts working again. I type the perfmon /report command in dozens of times is the other troubleshooting step I've used

bmxjumperc, Aug 1, 2015
  3. brianzion Win User
    System Health Report not generating report windows 10 64 bit

thanks for your reply I tried all that, the last reports were 19 march there are 3 reports in the logs it just does not generate a new report.

brianzion, Aug 1, 2015
  4. System Health Report

Under Informational everything was rated poor!
    I have a DIY PC with very fast bits and pieces so I know this isn't the case!

So... take what it gives you with a pinch of salt.

teachermark, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    What you have for hardware doesn't matter... It's how it's put together, settings in BIOS & OS, and drivers(how they interact with the OS and each other). I have seen custom PCs with great hardware that were slower than my old ASUS X54C laptop*Eek. This tool is to help find out what needs to be check and adjusted.

Cliff S, Aug 1, 2015
  6. System Health Report [​IMG]

OK. So what can I do to keep my system from performing so badly? *Smile

teachermark, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I'm sorry 3rd party benchmark programs don't tell me anything*Sad.
    I need to be sitting physically at the PC to find out what can be corrected, because, there are so many factors, connections(physical & virtual switches) drivers, settings, how clean(dust accumulation)...etc.
    If you look at my specs you'll see it's not top of the line or anything, it's just a middle priced all rounder with a couple of upgrades(more RAM and an SSD for the OS), but it runs fast and never crashed or BSOD'd what ever I've thrown at it.

Cliff S, Aug 1, 2015
  8. System Health Report

Thank you cliff! I been ripping my hair out by monitor a lot of stuff manually. I been getting a lot of blue screens that may or may not be hardware related. More testing and monitoring is required. I now have new data to look into that I missed before.

teachermark, nice benchmark score. I personally don't care for benchmark software since they rarely tell how they perform in the real world. Running software that is not optimized by developers, that performs different based on programs that are running concurrent not because they use more system resources but because they are interacting with resources in a way that is bottlenecking the applications. Did you get more specific details using resource performance monitor? It's quite an amazing tool, I seen some of my friends be able to monitor applications to learn what specific part of the program may be causing a slowdown or anomalies.

chris1neji, Aug 1, 2015
  9. brummyfan Win User
    I also don't rely on these BM programs but ran for fun, compare the results with yours:

System Health Report [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  10. ZofiaDor Win User
    Cliff, Using Explorer, Run or Command can not start <perfmon /report>.
    Would be possible to give me some hint?
    Regards

ZofiaDor, Mar 11, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    They should all run it, because it's part of system32(I mean the .exe file is in system32).

But have you tried an admin command prompt?
    I just ran mine from Run:

Cliff S, Mar 11, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I even just ran it by clicking the *Start key and typing perfmon /report.

Cliff S, Mar 11, 2016
  13. ZofiaDor Win User

System Health Report

Yes, I run from: <Run>, <Admin Command Prompt>, and your last one Start Windows10.
    Nothing happen. See Collecting data for 60 seconds...
    Regards

ZofiaDor, Mar 11, 2016
  14. ZofiaDor Win User
    Under System32 I have: perfmon.exe, Application,148 KB, and perfmon.msc, Microsoft Comm, 143 KB

ZofiaDor, Mar 12, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    And after the 60 seconds it should take about 30-60 seconds to prepare the report.

Try right clicking the windows icon, choose "Computer Management", and click 1.Performance>>>2. Reports>>> 3. System Diagnostics and see if you have a report there.

Cliff S, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

System Health Report

1. System Health Report - Similar Threads - System Health Report

2. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  3. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  4. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot generate system health report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot generate system health report: Hi, I wonder why system health report always stuck on this page, and how to solve this issue. [ATTACH] Thanks very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-generate-system-health-report/63b00983-481d-438d-9dde-ab9c601a4919
  6. Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report: In the past 1 - 1.5 weeks I have noticed that my battery is draining much quicker than it used to. I have a Dell XPS 13 that I bought new in July 2018. My battery, up until a week or so ago, was lasting anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on how much I used it throughout the...
  7. windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender health report and temporary internet files location: so as the title says, i got this message, now before i do the recommended action, which is resetting the location, i would like to know how it changed, by which program, and where it was and where is it now (the location of temp files). and what is the difference when...
  8. Health Report date ignores system locale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Health Report date ignores system locale: Health report scan date always shows as mm/dd/yyyy irrespective of system locale. I'm in Australia so it's dd/mm/yyyy [ATTACH]...
  9. Disabling the Health Report Notification Warnings? Very annoying

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling the Health Report Notification Warnings? Very annoying: How can I disable the App recommendation warning without disabling the rest of the Device Health list? Please see image attached. It does have to do with the Store app when I open the troubleshooter, which I had blocked through Group Policy and I guess, some app is trying to...
  10. Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?: I just wanted to know if MS removed the system health report feature from performance monitor. If so how do you start a system health report in Windows 10, it seems to differ from Windows 7 where you can find in advanced tools "Generate a system health report" ? Thanks!...