Windows 10: System Image recovery error

Discus and support System Image recovery error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to do a system image recovery on my windows 10. windows identify my system image back up but it asks me to windows installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bediwatta, Apr 28, 2016.

1. bediwatta Win User

System Image recovery error

Hi all,

I am trying to do a system image recovery on my windows 10. windows identify my system image back up but it asks me to windows installation disc or a system repair disc. (which I dont have)
    When I try to create a system repair disc it gives following error message

SYSTEM REPAIR DISC COULD NOT BE CREATED
    The system can not find the file specified. (0x800700002)
    How to solve this issue?

:)

bediwatta, Apr 28, 2016
  2. KevNews Win User

System Image Recovery

It goes blank. Yes, I used "create system image" in the control panel to save it.

KevNews, Apr 28, 2016
  3. System Image Recovery

Windows Imaging doesn't always cooperate when restoring to another drive.

You can reinstall the source HD to capture the image externally using
    Macrium Reflect is a Free and Easy To Use Backup Utility
    which will allow choosing any partitions to restore and then placing them wherever you want them on any other drive.

You can also do a
    Clean Install Windows 10
    which compiles the best install one can have which will stay that way as long as you stick with the steps, tools and methods given. This is a much better install than a factory install or Upgrade.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this is likely to be difficult to resolve.
    Simply do an internet search for " The system can not find the file specified. (0x800700002 "system image" " without the outside "" and you'll see what I mean.

The reasons this can occur are many and complex- you could spend a very long time on this when you could be doing sthg more useful.

How do you solve this issue?
    Simple- don't use Windows Backup and Restore. Several here have found difficulties with it.
    Similar comments have applied from Win 7 on.

Instead, use the far more flexible and reliable Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.
    You can freely download a Win 10 iso and create Win 10 bootable media.
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 28, 2016
  5. bediwatta Win User
    by the way , now I was able to boot my system and it says a another reason for system restore failure.
    it says
    "
    The system image restore failed.
    Error details: The processor architecture or OS version of Windows Recovery Environment is not the same as that of the computer that was backed up. For example, a backup of an Vista x64-based computer can be recovered only by using an Vista x64-based version of Windows Recovery"

bediwatta, Apr 29, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Assuming you are not trying to restore an OS that was saved from another computer, go with the advice of the first responder. And, I second the motion about Macrium Reflect. Going forward, weekly or bi-monthly, make at least one if not two full images of your OS partition and your data partition onto at least one if not two usb external platter-driven hard-drives.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System Image recovery error - Similar Threads - System Image recovery

2. System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery: I used the Backup and Restore Windows 7 tool to create a system image, which I stored on my NAS. I then copied that image to a new, clean drive. I attempted to use that to image a drive on a new computer using the Windows Recovery environment and selecting Recovery from a...
  3. System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Recovery: Hi, I recently downloaded a windows version known as gohstspectre and it works great! Except for one thing, I use system images alot and need to use them quite frequently, with my slim version of windows it does not have the option to reset to a system image from the...
  4. System image recovery

System image recovery: I'm about to get a new computer and I was wondering: Since I procured my Windows 10 via the free upgrade, will I need to buy a retail version of Windows 10 after I make a system image recovery?...
  5. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: What does it do and how do I used ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-recovery/67abca7a-9aa8-4309-bfc3-9fc7cf299d02
  6. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Can I use a SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY to transfer my files to anew PC trough an external drive? If on my existing pc i have 2 disks C: and D: and the new one will also have 2 disks will the system install the image on the new PC like they were on the old PC? C: to C: amd D:ti...
  7. system image recovery

system image recovery: I can't long into my Desktop-HTLT8V4 it needs recovery key and the sign I got was - to retrieve this key , go tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from another PC or mobile device .in case you need it the key ID is D48B8C0E...
  8. System image recovery

System image recovery: I had backed up a system image on March 2, put an old Windows 7 one I had on my Netbook before it broke (my desktop was originally a Windows 7 btw). On March 30, I tried to restore the system image I saved earlier in the month, but I ended up getting a system image I saved...
  9. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Hey guys, OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 System Model HP ProBook 4540s System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) I have made it a habit to...
  10. System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Recovery: Hi All, I'm switching to SSD and I created a system image on the drive already. I tried going to system image recovery to boot using it, however when I click it, the screen goes blank. I'm pretty sure it's not a time thing, I gave it 8 hours. I'm pretty sure this is my...