Windows 10: System Protection Turned Off

Discus and support System Protection Turned Off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Jul 29, 2015.

1. System Protection Turned Off

After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on?

Thanks,

Mike

:)

rinconmike, Jul 29, 2015

2. reset protection turned off

Thanks for the assistance Abi99. Hi,
    MichaelVogel.
    Reset Protection is a free service on account.microsoft.com that provides an extra layer of protection so that if your phone ends up in the wrong hands, it can't be easily reset or reused. For more information, you may check this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/protect-my-phone

Rachelle M., Jul 29, 2015
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    reset protection turned off

Do you still own that particular Lumia 950 – does
    this help
    ?

All apps » Settings » Update & security » Find my phone » Reset Protection: Is that Off or On?

Abi99 (2), Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

System Protection Turned Off

Hello Mike, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm not sure why System Protection got turned off for you during the upgrade, but if you have the free space on your Windows drive, then it would be best to keep it turned on. It can be a life saver to be able to quickly do a system restore as needed.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

System Protection Turned Off

1. System Protection Turned Off - Similar Threads - System Protection Turned

2. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on turn on System Protection: I am running Windows 10 Home Edition, I could not action Windows Restore so I did a Reset on my PC, I am trying to turn on System Protection so I can do a Restore Point but it is grayed out & I can not turn it on, can someone please tell me how to turn it on. I can not access...
  3. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on turn on System Protection: I am running Windows 10 Home Edition, I could not action Windows Restore so I did a Reset on my PC, I am trying to turn on System Protection so I can do a Restore Point but it is grayed out & I can not turn it on, can someone please tell me how to turn it on. I can not access...
  4. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Virus protection is turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus protection is turn off: can any one tell me why is my virus protection turn off and I don't have another virus protection installed? [Original Title: virus protion] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-protection-is-turn-off/14128dfb-7692-4a02-8e40-31ec772b27db
  6. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  7. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  8. Temporarily turn off protection.

Temporarily turn off protection.: Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square.[ATTACH]...
  9. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  10. Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 System protection is a feature that allows you to undo unwanted system changes by being able to do a System Restore. System Restore enables...