Windows 10: system repair disk

Discus and support system repair disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidKratovil, Jan 14, 2019.

1. system repair disk

I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD

:)

DavidKratovil, Jan 14, 2019

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 14, 2019
  3. system repair disk

Both the computers would have USB ports so I suggest you to create a Recovery drive instead of Repair disk. Here are the steps:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4200-create...

One Recovery drive would work on both the computers.

You might have to disable Fast boot/Secure boot to boot from the recovery drive if you need to. Consult the PC manufacturer on how to do it.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 14, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

system repair disk

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

system repair disk

1. system repair disk - Similar Threads - system repair disk

2. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  3. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  4. Burning DVD for System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burning DVD for System Repair Disk: For full time for 10+ days have been trying to create a "system repair disk" on a blank DVD. I've tried everything that is at all promising, and so far nothing works. 10 days of full time work is a very long time to do some routine task. The computer is an HP laptop. The...
  5. use of a System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use of a System Repair Disk: Good morning.quick question: is a system repair disk usable by more than one system. I have 4 different PCs for family members and every couple months I run backups on all of them. In the past, I have created a system repair disk for each of them. Do I need to do that? All of...
  6. use of a System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use of a System Repair Disk: Good morning.quick question: is a system repair disk usable by more than one system. I have 4 different PCs for family members and every couple months I run backups on all of them. In the past, I have created a system repair disk for each of them. Do I need to do that? All of...
  7. use of a System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  9. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  10. System Image & Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...