Windows 10: System User Group - Devcon exe

Discus and support System User Group - Devcon exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, We have a problem about windows 10. Normally for USB usage restriction we use group policy. We set two policies; 1- "Prevent installation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mesutugurlu, Dec 26, 2019.

1. System User Group - Devcon exe

Hi,

We have a problem about windows 10. Normally for USB usage restriction we use group policy. We set two policies;

1- "Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device IDs"

2- "Allow administrator to override Device Installation Restrictions policies"

Our script check our database whether device ID is registered or not , if it is registered, run devcon.exe update command. Script run as a SYSTEM group privilege. Normally our script run perfectly on window 7 and windows 8.1 but it is not working on windows 10.

Is there a restrictions or limitation SYSTEM user group in windows 10? How can solve this problem?

Can you help me?

Best Regards

:)

mesutugurlu, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. System User Group - Devcon exe :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 26, 2019
  4. hooked Win User

System User Group - Devcon exe

Show Local users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

System User Group - Devcon exe

1. System User Group - Devcon exe - Similar Threads - System User Group

2. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  3. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  4. Local users and groups not editable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local users and groups not editable?: Hi guys, I've had the same MacBook since 2011, and am soooo behind the times with Windows. I just bought a cheap laptop at Walmart for purposes of Zoom and creating documents/surfing the web. My Mac is so old and messed up that I needed something newer to use on a daily. The...
  5. Local Users and Groups

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Users and Groups: I am trying to sort my old laptop for my son to use. I am trying to add a new user so that can be his profile. Local Users and Groups appears to be missing from the settings and I cannot find a way to restore it. Furthermore, the only admin account on the computer is my...
  6. "Users & Groups" is not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Users & Groups" is not available: I have admin rights on my PC. When I go to Computer management trying to get access to "Users & Groups", I cannot find this feature. I have Windows 10, Home, 1903...
  7. User Group Membership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Group Membership: Hello, I have put a group policy in place to remove local admin rights for all our users (currently a test group) and on member is in the IT department. I have removed his account from the Domain Admin group but the policy isn't applying correctly, his account can still...
  8. System Transparency Exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Transparency Exe: Hi there, I have a huge problem. I have my 50 inch Tv hooked up to my Pc as an extended monitor. I also run "systemtransparency.exe" on my computer. But know after using it to make my windows explorer transparent it has left the image of my desktop Imprinted on my...
  9. Show Local users and Groups

Show Local users and Groups: Hello, I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web). When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer) How...
  10. No users visible in Local Users and Groups

No users visible in Local Users and Groups: After forgetting the local administrator password, I followed that guide for offline editing the SAM registry file. This clearly caused a problem, because no I see no users in LUAG as per the attached. All the accounts work fine, except the built-in administrator account...