Windows 10: System32 File and Recovery USB Windows 10

Discus and support System32 File and Recovery USB Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to create a recovery drive usb in windows 10 64 pro. System 32 file tested good in cmd/dos. Able to copy efi and sources but after checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardMcLaughlin_923, Mar 22, 2020.

1. System32 File and Recovery USB Windows 10

Trying to create a recovery drive usb in windows 10 64 pro.

System 32 file tested good in cmd/dos. Able to copy efi and sources but after checking system 32 box, the system files

still do not get copied to usb. Please wait with green

bar going across with no response. If I do not check system 32 box, I am able to copy sources and EFI files.

But not system 32. Even after checking system 32 files get not violation response which indicates files are not corrupted. Usb drivers are up to date.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to add

system files to recovery usb drive.

:)

EdwardMcLaughlin_923, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

System32 File and Recovery USB Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

System32 File and Recovery USB Windows 10

1. System32 File and Recovery USB Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System32 File Recovery

2. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  3. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  4. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File History/USB Recovery Drive/Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File History/USB Recovery Drive/Windows 10: I have installed and formatted a new portable USB flash drive into one of my computer ports. Its purpose is to backup my computer file images thereby completing a file history from time to time. My "device manager" shows that it is not working or connected. How do I...
  6. windows 10 recovery usb drive

windows 10 recovery usb drive: I have a dell 5290 2in 1 laptop, it showed a error message of 0xc000000f * I Downloaded windows 10 from a different computer to a USB stick * i then put the usb into the dell computer it went into recovery mode for about 20 minutes then said there was a probelm and no...
  7. Recovery USB windows 10

Recovery USB windows 10: Where do i get windows 10 software for usb recovery? Surface crashed, won't log in or connect to WiFi. I have code for bitlocker. Hope to erase surface and factory reset. Is this possible?...
  8. Windows 10 password recovery USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 password recovery USB: Hi I am new to this site, This is my first post. My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. After the computer did the 1903 update for windows (actually I had no choice, I have updates set to auto) I started having trouble signing in. I want to make a password...
  9. Windows 10 recovery usb

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 recovery usb: Would a Windows 10 Pro recovery usb also work on Windows 10 Home edition....? 68983
  10. windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB: Have a virus on computer which have not been able to get rid of and want to do a complete restore of the windows system. Can I use the windows 8.1 recovery usb to start the restore and then do a reinstallation of the windows 10 upgrade. I did make a windows 10 recovery usb...