Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate

Discus and support SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just keep driver verifier running for a few crashes, then upload a new zip. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by usermx, Sep 29, 2016.

1. axe0 New Member

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate

Just keep driver verifier running for a few crashes, then upload a new zip.

2. usermx Win User

2 more crashes since then, though I haven't used my computer intensively, just left it on. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT (hal.dll) and CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT (ntoskrnl.exe). Again, I'm assuming this has nothing to do with driver verifier. Since DV hasn't crashed yet, does this rule out a driver issue?

Attachment 104319

usermx, Oct 3, 2016
  3. axe0 New Member
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

4. usermx Win User

Memtest came back with 0 errors after 8 passes.
    Attachment 104561Attachment 104563Attachment 104562
    Running SeaTools later today.

EDIT: The SeaTools DOS will not work. When I boot the drive, I just get a black screen with a blinking line in the top left. Changing my SATA configuration to IDE not only produced the same result, but made it so that I could not boot regularly.

Latest crashes: CUSTOM ERROR, CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (ntoskrnl.exe) and (ntkrnlmp.exe). Another one I saw earlier (which the minidump now has disappeared?) was PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA.

usermx, Oct 4, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Please continue the tests, change the SATA configuration back and continue.
    After the rest of the tests are done we can focus on SeaTools

6. usermx Win User
    Continue the tests? I did the 3 that were mentioned in your earlier post.
    Also, when I tried to boot my computer today it said "Overclocking Failed!" and I had to go to BIOS setup. The thing is, I'm not overclocking. People have said this may be a RAM problem? I'm at a loss at this point.
    And another SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, seconds after loading windows today.

usermx, Oct 6, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    What are the results? Without the requested results I cannot tell if you did them.
    I add a line after every test to make a photo or screenshot or to upload a log after the test is done. Those results are necessary so I can verify that the tests have been performed properly.
    I want to verify them, because many do not perform the tests properly, 2 examples:
    • With MemTest86+, many run MemTest86 which often does not show proper results
    • With chkdsk, many run them from Windows Explorer or run only 'chkdsk', this results in several things being left unchecked/repaired, like the Master File Table or used space marked as free space (or the opposite). By leaving them unrepaired the file system may still be in a critical condition.

8. usermx Win User

I posted three screenshots of the three tests in HD Tune Up in my earlier post (health, read speed, and error scan). I ran memtest before I started this thread but I'm pretty positive I did everything correctly. I can run it again but it will take an entire night at least. Also, I ran CHKDSK earlier as well, with your guidance. The only thing I haven't run is SeaTools. The overclocking issue does not help you at all in narrowing down the problem?

usermx, Oct 7, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    I have zero experience with overclocking issues. My knowledge with the timings, voltages and other settings that relate to overclocking is also pretty limited.
    I've requested help for this issue.

10. Anak Win User
    I'm a bit confused, in post #19 you state that you're not overclocking (OC), but in post #21 you are asking
    If you are OCing return any settings that were OCd back to their defaults, then see if the problem persists, that includes your graphics card the GTX 1060.
    You first must see if you have a stable system at default before any troubleshooting can continue.

I've looked at your dbg files and msinfo, three of the dbg's are for memory corruption and one for LogonUI.exe which handles graphics, in the msinfo you're showing a lot of errors related to PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_10F1 and that points to NVIDIA.

Summary:
    • One way you can test is to disable the GTX card and go with the on-board graphics to see if your system stabilizes or..Run this: FurMark - GPU Stress Test to see if the GTX card is okay.

• Being that the LogonUI.exe file is a system file you could try running a SFC scan to see if you can repair it and run the scan as an Administrator, even if the first scan comes back with no integrity violations it might help if you run the scan at least twice more with re-boots in between.

Though I'm thinking if the GTX card is bad and you fix it the Logon crash may go away, but run the SFC scan to remove any doubt that the Logon file is corrupted.

11. usermx Win User
    Will do. However, I experienced the exact same errors before I got the 1060 (my computer originally had GT 740), so I think that would rule out the graphics card. When I mentioned the "overlocking issue", I meant the issue that the computer gave me an 'overclocking failed' error despite me not overclocking at all.

usermx, Oct 7, 2016
  12. Anak Win User
    Thanks for the clarification!

Is your machine store-bought or did you build it?

With your machine having problems with two nvidia cards I seem to recall that nvidia had compatibility problems with either AMD CPU's, ASUS MB's M5A99FX PRO R2.0, even gskill memory, but all that may/should of been fixed by now, wouldn't you think?

Then when I searched for "overclocking failed' error despite me not overclocking at all" I saw this: How to fix overclocking failed error, maybe it will help?

google search for: overclock failed asus motherboard

13. usermx Win User

Thank you, that link seems helpful. I will try it.
    I built my computer.

usermx, Oct 7, 2016
  14. usermx Win User
    To anyone else having this problem: installing my os on an SSD seems to have fixed it. Good luck.

usermx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others

2. Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED: Lately i start to getting a frequent BSOD. Here is list of some of them link. A few of them were during the windows loading so they didn't even save. Here is my dump files fo the last 2 BSOD link.The things i did:1. Updated all the drivers with windowsdint try yet with 3rd...
  3. Windows BOSD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION among other errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BOSD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION among other errors: Hi,I keep getting BOSD on my laptop DELL Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 and actually i got a BOSD while writing this postThis is the mini dump https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzp2ko9og9w7pok/051222-10406-01.zip?dl=0 And this is the one happened during writing this post...
  4. Windows BOSD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION among other errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BOSD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION among other errors: Hi,I keep getting BOSD on my laptop DELL Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 and actually i got a BOSD while writing this postThis is the mini dump https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzp2ko9og9w7pok/051222-10406-01.zip?dl=0 And this is the one happened during writing this post...
  5. Windows BOSD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION among other errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Constant BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Constant BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: For the last two days I’ve been trying to fix BSOD errors such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I’ve tried everything that I could find on the Internet including manual driver updating in Device Manager, updating graphic drivers through GeForce...
  7. Constant BSODs (system_service_exception, kmode_exception_not_handled)

Constant BSODs (system_service_exception, kmode_exception_not_handled): Dealing with near daily BSODs when running intensive software or games. It usually doesn't crash until its under decent load (newer games, rendering, etc.) I have not overclocked my GPU or my CPU. The BSODs I most often get are system_service_exception,...
  8. Constant BSOD when gaming SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Constant BSOD when gaming SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Seeing my specs no reason I should be crashing, games run fine. Randomly crashes at times sends me a BSOD. Here's specs Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz Kaby Lake 16.0GB Dual Corsair Vengance ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z270-A 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce...
  9. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and other BSOD

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and other BSOD: Dear all, I am trying to identify which drivers are causing these crashes. Could anyone give me hand or explain the method to identify the bug and understand which driver is missing? I have posted here the relevant files. Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere....
  10. Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD

Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD: No clue what to do about it. Hoping someone here could help. Tends to happen when I have either Chrome/Firefox or a game open. 39154