Windows 10: Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby

Discus and support Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Code: ******************************************************************************** * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by muffle, May 22, 2016.

1. muffle Win User

Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby

Code: ******************************************************************************** * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc) Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes: If kv shows a taskGate use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv. Else if kv shows a trapframe use .trap on that value Else .trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken (on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap) Endif kb will then show the corrected stack. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000f, EXCEPTION_RESERVED_TRAP Arg2: 00000000 Arg3: 00000000 Arg4: 00000000 Debugging Details: ------------------ SYSTEM_SKU: 0630 SYSTEM_VERSION: Not Specified BIOS_DATE: 01/28/2016 BASEBOARD_PRODUCT: 09RP78 BASEBOARD_VERSION: X01 BUGCHECK_P1: f BUGCHECK_P2: 0 BUGCHECK_P3: 0 BUGCHECK_P4: 0 BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_f CPU_COUNT: 4 CPU_MHZ: 535 CPU_VENDOR: GenuineIntel CPU_FAMILY: 6 CPU_MODEL: 37 CPU_STEPPING: 3 CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: System CURRENT_IRQL: 2 ANALYSIS_VERSION: 10.0.10240.9 x86fre LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 821405c4 to 8212df0c STACK_TEXT: 8369dc28 821405c4 0000007f 0000000f 00000000 nt!KiBugCheck2 8369dc48 8213ffab 581e40c5 d8363ec1 8c3ce098 nt!KiSystemFatalException+0x14 8369dc48 8214106e 581e40c5 d8363ec1 8c3ce098 nt!KiTrap0F+0xaf 8369dd48 00000000 6b894c61 d0603bb2 d6aa3627 nt!KiIdleLoop+0x1a STACK_COMMAND: kb FOLLOWUP_IP: nt!KiSystemFatalException+14 821405c4 cc int 3 SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1 SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemFatalException+14 FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: nt IMAGE_NAME: ntkrpamp.exe DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 571af413 IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.10586.306 BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 14 FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_f_nt!KiSystemFatalException BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_f_nt!KiSystemFatalException PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x7f_f_nt!KiSystemFatalException ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x7f_f_nt!kisystemfatalexception FAILURE_ID_HASH: {07ea4523-1c84-85f5-5b55-3cdc0e203544} Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]

:)

muffle, May 22, 2016

2. N8 power meter (battery) strange behaviour

Same here. After charging overnight the phone retains 100 % battery for 15-18 %. It then drops to 30 % within 2-3 hours (also when in standby during the night). Running on 1.2 but problem still there.

igord---01, May 22, 2016
  3. Is there a video messenger that can use Connected Standby?

I was simply wondering if Windows offers a video messaging app, like Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, etc., that can use Connected Standby on the Surface (namely, the Surface Pro 4). I would like the tablet to remain sleeping but still make a notification sound
    when a call is coming in.

I've read that Skype is no longer a Modern/Metro app and thus won't be active during sleep, and I've yet to find one that can work. My only solution has been to disable Connected Standby and allow the screen to turn off, yet with the tablet remaining on
    so Google Hangouts can remain on.

Is there an app that can do this?

WelfareWarrior, May 22, 2016
  4. muffle Win User

Bios, all drivers, Windows updates, all up to date. No 3rd party apps running, no 3rd party antivirus or firewall (using Windows Defender). System scanned with sfc /scannow no errors detected, memory scanned with Windows memory tool several times, no errors detected.

muffle, May 22, 2016
  5. lifetec Win User
    lifetec, May 22, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    The latest dumpfiles are:
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 7F, {f, 0, 0, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiSystemFatalException+14 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc) Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes: If kv shows a taskGate use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv. Else if kv shows a trapframe use .trap on that value Else .trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken (on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap) Endif kb will then show the corrected stack. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000f, EXCEPTION_RESERVED_TRAP Arg2: 00000000 Arg3: 00000000 Arg4: 00000000 Debugging Details: ------------------ BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_f CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: System[/quote] Please update to the latest chipset drivers and update the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver from your supportpage Product Support | Dell US

Also update Dell Wireless 1538 802.11 a/g/n Adapter
    ar6knwf81 Mon Sep 22 11:34:21 2014 from the supportpage

When you also have problems with the intel camera( the drivers are from 2013), updating the chipset will solve this also see Venue 8 Pro upgraded to Windows 10 .. Camera does not work - Windows Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

lifetec, May 22, 2016
  7. muffle Win User
    I said... all drivers are up to date. This never happened under Windows 8.1. I said it just happens during connected standby, so no camera, I also didn't say anything about any camera problems at all.

muffle, May 22, 2016
  8. lifetec Win User

Your wireless is not up to date.
    And there are many intel drivers from 2013, so if you have the latest intell/chipset drivers installed i would contact DELL and ask if they are compatible with windows 10.
    Good luck with it.

lifetec, May 22, 2016
  9. muffle Win User
    Link me z3700 drivers, because Intel does not publish them. Those are the newest available. Dell "chipset" drivers are from 2013 if you extract them. They are "bogus updated" for windows 10, with false date. The dell drivers are also broken, those installed are from LG and the latest available and ones working. Like I said, all is up to date. You didn't identify the problem btw, you just copy pasted the same which I already did in my initiate post, before I uploaded the zip data. Could someone who knows how to analyzes the memory dump file see which driver caused the issue please.

muffle, May 22, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Hi muffle,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Could you describe when the crash usually occurs?
    I have a few thoughts of what may have happened that give an indication for suggestions, but I would like to hear from you what happens before we start suggesting something *Smile

11. muffle Win User
    They just happen when the tablet is in connected standby, they don't happen when using it. I also think they just happen when the power cable is connected during that time, but that can be coincidence, because I mostly always let the cable connected during the night. I mostly wake up the next day press the power button and notice I am on the login screen => bsod happened during I slept and the tablet was in connected standby mode. It seems to happen randomly also, but mostly every few days.

muffle, May 22, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    It doesn't 100% verify what I think happens, I thought that the BSOD happened at the beginning or the end, but as there is no driver flagged in the dump we'll need to run driver verifier. Most other usual causes are ruled out so that is a good sign *Smile
    Please follow below instructions.

Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Usual causes:
    • Memory corruption,
    • Hardware (memory in particular),
    • Overclocking failure,
    • Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it,
    • 3rd party firewall,
    • Device drivers,
    • SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed,
    • Improperly seated cards,
    • Incompatible storage devices,
    • Overclocking,
    • Virus scanner,
    • Backup tool,
    • Bad motherboard,
    • Missing Service Pack

13. muffle Win User

I have activated it, rebooted and now Windows doenst start anymore there is bluescreen at Windows start...

muffle, May 22, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Partly that is a good sign, have you tried my suggestions for getting back in Windows like driver verifier reset, safe mode or a restore point?

15. muffle Win User
    I cant get into windows because it automatically runs into bluescreen, it did that for 2 or 3 times, then "automatic repair" was started, I selected "repair last" or something, there was nothing else to select anyway (I created a manual repair point before turning on the tool), now it's frozen and doesn't do anything anymore since 5 minutes...

muffle, May 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby - Similar Threads - Tablet has bluescreens

2. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  3. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 bluescreening at night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 bluescreening at night.: Hi there,I have a computer with a Ryzen 5 3600x, 24GB ram. RTX3080. Latest Windows 11 updates installed.Sometime, random at night, and not really in use, daytime used for gaming, no crashes, night time its doing nothing, but the gf forgets to turn it off, it bluescreens. We...
  5. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  6. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  7. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remote desktop during standby mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop during standby mode: The remote desktop is not accessible when this computer using Windows 10 professional is in standby mode. How can this be remedied? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-during-standby-mode/f2579c71-c2ce-4586-affa-aa5a8d55b5c4
  9. Bluescreen after Standby - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after Standby - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe: Hi all, ich have some trubble with a Fujitsu Lifebook U758. It wont start from standby, running into a bluescreen saying "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". I allready updated all drivers but the bluescreen still occur. It does not occur after every start from standby, just...
  10. Wake up during Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...