Windows 10: Task Scheduler asking for password ?

Discus and support Task Scheduler asking for password ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to change a property of a task in Task Scheduler but I was asked to input user name and password. [ATTACH] I only have one machine and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by surfing69, Sep 8, 2019.

1. surfing69 Win User

Task Scheduler asking for password ?

I wanted to change a property of a task in Task Scheduler but I was asked to input user name and password.

Task Scheduler asking for password ? 1f812560-5cfe-4438-895a-730b3b2cba16?upload=true.jpg

I only have one machine and I am the administrator so I don't understand. However i did try and use the email address and password for my User account but this failed . Also tried the PIN and this also failed

I suspect the reason for this is that the scheduler is set to SYSTEM as user account - dont know how to change this (alyhi this may not be possible???)

Help anyone?

:)

surfing69, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Agrippa Win User

Using Task Scheduler without a password

I have Win10 64bit Home Edition.

I was following your tutorial for using Task Scheduler to provide automatic scheduling for System Restore. When I reached the final stage it failed. The error message suggested that this was because I was using a blank password.

A bit of googling showed that to use a blank password I needed to amend the Local Security Policy using secpol or gpedit. I cannot access them on my PC - past experience suggests that they are not allowed in Home Edition.

Is there any way for me to use a blank password in Task Scheduler? I am the only person with access to my PC and having to use a password for Windows is simply a piece of unnecessary hassle.

Agrippa, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Task Scheduler asking for password ?

Password fail Schedule a task

I want to schedule a task. I'm in Windows 10. At the end of setting up Task Scheduler I'm asked for a password. Password I use to log on to PC doesn't work. What's the problem?

Greg Blevins, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Task Scheduler asking for password ?

1. Task Scheduler asking for password ? - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler asking

2. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  3. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler asks for password: Hi there!When I create a task and select the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' it asks for an admin user and password, which I don't know.I am the only user for my computer....
  4. Task scheduler asks for password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  6. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Asking for a Password: I'm just putting this here as a new question because I couldn't find a way to respond to the previous questions involving this same issue task scheduler asking for a password; for me, they all seemed to be locked from additional responses. To clarify, this isn't a question,...
  7. Task Scheduler Asking for a Password

8. Task Scheduler Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Password: When I use to use my task scheduler to create a task I never had to enter a password at the end. I just clicked on the blank space and I was good to go. I recently had a problem with my Desktop PC that required me to do a reinstall of windows 10. Now I get an error message...
  9. Task Scheduler asks for username and password, doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler asks for username and password, doesn't work: In trying to create a UAC bypass with task scheduler, I came across a problem. Task Scheduler asks for a password.I searched many forums, and the solutions never worked, which led me to create a question myself. I am trying to run with the highest privileges, except there is...
  10. Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password: Hi, I'm trying to run a node.js script on a regular basis. I'm following a tutorial on how to do so and everything was going well until I got an unexpected popup. From further deduction, when I check this box: [ATTACH] I am then prompted with this message when trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler windows 10 asking for password

2. how to disable request for username and password in task scheduler

3. why is task scheduler asking for a password win10

4. task scheduler asking for user name,
  5. windows 10 task scheduler asking for user name and password,
  6. task scheduler blank password not allowed windows 10,
  7. scheduler asking for password,
  8. task scheduler ascks for user account but wont accept password,
  9. task scheduler blank password not allowed,
  10. task scheduler without password,
  11. task scheduler asking for password,