Windows 10: Task Scheduler at startup fails

Discus and support Task Scheduler at startup fails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jan 5, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Task Scheduler at startup fails

Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run.

:)

rdwray, Jan 5, 2018

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start some tasks after Oct'10/2017 Windows Update

Hi All,

After this month's Windows Update, I noticed that the Task Scheduler didn't start some tasks.

All of these tasks are configured with the trigger "At system startup". Their history log have this same entry:

Task Category: Task Start Failed

OpCode: Launch Failure

"Task Scheduler failed to start "\Uptime" task for user. Additional Data: Error Value: 2147943726."

The problem persists after subsequent reboots. I had to manually start these tasks, in many computers.

Please help me!

Guilherme

Moved from: [ Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC ]

GuilhermeRudnitzki, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler cannot run files at system startup. Is there a bug?

It is simply a bug if the password cannot be verified when 'When the computer starts' has been selected.

Matthew_Wai, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 11, 2018
  5. rdwray Win User
    Thanks Brink. I want to restart my PC once as week because I never shut it off so I got that part working with shutdown.exe. I stuck a restart message in "startup" which works ok for this - I am going to take a look at your suggestion because the message comes up even if I log off.

rdwray, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Scheduler at startup fails - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler startup

2. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup: So, I have the AutoHotKey script, to permanently lock the NumLock key. I converted it to an .exe file because I thought that would solve the Task Scheduler problem. The thing is, its not working! I checked Task Manager, and it actually shows up there, after restart, but its...
  3. Scheduled task crashing system on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled task crashing system on startup: I have a device that, once I login, after a ~30 second pause, is bombarded with countless command prompt windows, to the point where it freezes the system entirely. CTRL+ALT+DEL does nothing to stop it; the mouse doesn't even track after the process has been going for a...
  4. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  5. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool: So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in...
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  7. Startup task doesn't work, but putting it in Task Scheduler works-why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup task doesn't work, but putting it in Task Scheduler works-why?: On my Win 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1803 machine with 16GB RAM and an i5 Intel chip, I like Task Manager to start automatically on startup. 1) If I put its shortcut in the Startup folder, nothing happens. 2) If I create a TaskScheduler task for it, to start on logon of any user,...
  8. Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation: I have set up the following in Task Scheduler:- [img] However it does not work! Any ideas anyone? PS: How can I enable history? 31873
  9. Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler "At startup" Causing Performance Issue: When I use Task Scheduler to launch a video (MP4) with VLC, at startup, the video stops several times, for a second or two. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem in Windows. 64738
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...