Windows 10: "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

Discus and support "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here's a screenshot of "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog from a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 [img] As you can see, despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AndreyT, Aug 1, 2015.

1. AndreyT Win User

"Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

Here's a screenshot of "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog from a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64

"Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore?? [​IMG]

As you can see, despite its name, it does not have a tab for "Start Menu". I remember that Preview versions of Windows 10 had a "Start Menu" tab. Did they just remove at the last moment? And how I change Start Menu options without that tab?

:)

AndreyT, Aug 1, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 1, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Aug 1, 2015
  4. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

settings > personalization > start is one place to look.

alphanumeric, Aug 1, 2015
  5. RenoYeh Win User
    So, where to "clear personal info from my tiles" now? there is absolutely no this option in the settings.

RenoYeh, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Robyn Win User
    Okay, folks. Same disfunction, different problem.
    • Below are three screen shots -- Win 10, 8.1 & 7 Note the variances in tabs and options. [Sorry if pngs too small, don't think I can enlarge]
    • My problem -- I want to disable the "recent" list option for all jump lists. E.g., Word -- don't want to see recent items when I hit the Word icon on the taskbar.
    • So, where is the disable recent lists option that has been around forever?????

Robyn, Oct 19, 2015
  8. Robyn Win User

Footnote. Surprise, surprise. Win 10 failure abounds.
    Per Win 10 tutorials, a START MENU was in fact built into "Taskbar & Start Menu" properties. See below article excerpt.

So. Win 10 giveths and takeths. And Windows' fix is??

Robyn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore?? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Start Menu

2. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  3. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  4. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar/start menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar/start menu not working: have Windows 10, it was working great since upgraded. Today I turn it on and now when I click the Start button or Windows key, the mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able to use the search bar, and I can't right click apps...
  6. Taskbar and Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  7. Start menu and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and taskbar not working: My system has lately been experiencing issues with the Start menu and taskbar. When I power my device on and click on the Start button, the menu doesn't appear. I can right click on the Start button or press Win + X to get to my properties, but left clicking does nothing. The...
  8. Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update: In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen. That no longer works. To the point, before I was able to hide the Apps column and access it by clicking All Apps. I'd like to...
  9. Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties: CASE 1 [img] I noticed most articles contained Start Menu tab. Mine is not available here. CASE 2 [img] I only have 2 settings in Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Where can I get the remaining settings? Kindly please assist my problem? Thanks and...
  10. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing: Right click empty part of taskbar, go to "properties". I have 3 tabs. Taskbar, navigation, and toolbars. According to several sites I have read, I should also have a "start menu" tab with a "customization" button to change some things on the left side of the start menu, and...