Windows 10: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10

A tile is a modern apps representation on the Start screen in Windows 10, and can be either static or live.

Windows 10 includes a new 3D animation for live tiles, and allows you to turn live tiles on or off for your apps pinned to Start.

A static tile displays the default content, which is generally just a full-tile logo image for the app.

Live tiles can show updates from your friends, new email, app notifications, and the next appointment on your calendar at a glance, even without opening an app. And because everyone who uses the PC can sign in with their own Microsoft account, each person can personalize their own tiles, colors, and backgrounds.

For more information about live tiles, see: Tiles - UWP app developer | Microsoft Docs

This tutorial will show you how to turn a live tile on or off for each app pinned to Start for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: 3D Live Tile animation (click on image to see animation)

Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open your Start menu, and do step 2 or step 3 below to either turn a live tile on or off for an app.

2. To Turn Live Tile On for App
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Right click or press and hold on an app (ex: "Weather") that has its live tile currently turned off, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Turn live tile on. (see screenshot below)

3. To Turn Live Tile Off for App
    A) Right click or press and hold on an app (ex: "Weather") that has its live tile currently turned on, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Turn live tile off. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 28, 2015

2. Turning Off All Apps List on Start Menu

Is there a way to turn off the all apps list on Windows 10 start menu? I am referring to the list which appears to the left of the live tiles. Ideally I would like my start menu to be ONLY live tiles. Is this possible?

Chris Dwan, Apr 28, 2015
  3. sdrexler Win User
    live tile is not updating

I solved my live tile problem by opening every single app and turning off the live tile feature within the app for the apps that I don't place on the start screen. Now the live tiles on the start screen are working again.

sdrexler, Apr 28, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

And now there's a quest in Build 14332 wanting me to "turn off live tiles" which I took to mean turn 'em all off at once, but not to be. *Sad

So far, the only way to do that is one-by-one, which I generally do when I clean install, but it's a pain in the tookus. They're all there waiting to be turned off. *Sad

Wynona, Apr 26, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Wynona,

I'll look and see if I may be able to find a way to disable live tiles, and will post back if found. *Smile

Brink, Apr 26, 2016
  6. Wynona Win User
    Thank, Brink. So far I haven't been successful.

Wynona, Apr 26, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Live

2. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  3. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  4. W10 App Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 App Live Tiles: Hi. Did a clean install a week ago. All the live tiles work except the ones I like, MS weather and MS mail. Weather weirdly gives me live tile info for Washington DC even though I have updated my location and when I open weather it uses the correct location. I uninstalled...
  5. Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’: So yesterday evening / early hours (UK) time the ms store app received an update. It all works ok in aftermath except on every single machine we own the tile pinned to start menu is no longer live. Just the store icon now. We tried turning live tile off and on several times...
  6. How do you turn off live tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you turn off live tiles?: guess the tile says it all, I can not see how you turn on/off live tiles, am I missing something? 3744
  7. Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Change Photos app Live Tile Appearance on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your...
  8. Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10: How to: Clear Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information The pinned to your Start screen cache the data that flips across them. Sometimes when you delete something, the cached version will still show up on the live tile of an app. Clearing the live tile...
  9. Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show more tiles on Start in Windows 10 A Tile is an image that represents a pinned app on Start. Live tiles on Start display information that are useful at a glance without opening an...
  10. Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Live Tiles on Start in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information A tile is an app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. A static tile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i turn off all live tiles