Windows 10: Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable.

Discus and support Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As I open multiple excel documents or have multiple Skype sessions opened, the grouped icons for the different document instances on the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stuart D., Mar 1, 2019.

1. Stuart D. Win User

Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable.

As I open multiple excel documents or have multiple Skype sessions opened, the grouped icons for the different document instances on the taskbar gradually get smaller. This appears because it is sizing the tile for the application based on the thumbnail of the application instance. It does not take many of these to make the tile small enough that the text is truncated so much it is not usable.

This is most pronounced when running with the taskbar on the side of the monitor. Attached, is a screen capture with Skype. However, Outlook is showing the subject line, and not trying to show a thumbnail. How do we get Excel and Skype to behave like Outlook here?

Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable. 25ff8009-0624-423e-a712-2513477fde74?upload=true.png

:)

Stuart D., Mar 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons

Hi, simple way seems to be 7+ taskbar tweaker (free) (bottom right option)

Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable. [​IMG]

7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeLs Blog
    (Ignore the 7- it is updated periodically)

E.g. I launched 2x Wordpad, not combining buttons. As you say they moved together.
    Use that option, I could move just one button.

I expect there's a group policy setting, registry setting or mention of this in a tutorial here.

Note Wordpad buttons separated:

Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable. [​IMG]

Related:
    Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Mar 1, 2019
  3. can't open new instances of an application from taskbar

I have any program open. I right click the shortcut for it in the taskbar and a list of option comes out. But then when i try to open another instance of the program from that list by clicking on the option with the icon and program name, nothing happens.
    How do I make it so that it opens another instance instead of doing nothing?

sasuke10125, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable.

Taskbar bottom is very small

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Follow the below method.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• On taskbar tab, uncheck the box Use small taskbar button
      and click on Apply.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable.

1. Taskbar application group instances are getting very small and not usable. - Similar Threads - Taskbar application group

2. TaskbarSi very small Icons on taskbar does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskbarSi very small Icons on taskbar does not work: TaskbarSi very small Icons on taskbar does not work....So how do i revert windows back to old version that support TaskbarSi very small Icons on taskbar ?...
  3. Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar: Most people don't know the difference between combining buttons on the taskbar and trouping non-combined buttons on the taskbar. Not even Microsoft support knows it really.I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO HINDER WINDOWS 10 FROM COMBINING BUTTONS ON TASKBAR!But I am asking how to HINDER...
  4. Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar: Most people don't know the difference between combining buttons on the taskbar and trouping non-combined buttons on the taskbar. Not even Microsoft support knows it really.I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO HINDER WINDOWS 10 FROM COMBINING BUTTONS ON TASKBAR!But I am asking how to HINDER...
  5. Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Application opens in a very small window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application opens in a very small window: Hi guys, I have a problem with application opening on windows 10; the application is "Among Us" I use to open it in a normal way but one time and suddenly when opened it it opens in a very small window showing nothing than the top bar as shown in the photo below, I've tried...
  7. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  8. Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons: Hi everyone! I have two instances of VMWare open with each running a different VM. VMWare 1 is almost never touched as it holds our PostgreSQL instance whose DB we access from inside VMWare 2. I don't combine my taskbar buttons and I'd like to move VMWare 1's taskbar...
  9. Text size very small in certain applications

Text size very small in certain applications: [img] As the image above shows. I have an issue with certain apps (Doceri, and Adobe that I've identified) appearing with text extremely small. Other apps such as Chrome and Microsoft Office seem to be fine by comparison. I've thumbed through the solutions to similar...
  10. System icons on taskbar very small

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons on taskbar very small: Anyone able to help as to why after a win 10, [upgraded from win 8.1] upgrade has the system, [Mail,store, and calendar,]icons become very small? The Store icon is half the size as the rest of non "system" icons. Calendar is half the size and the Mail icon is a quarter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype taskbar thumbnails are very small