Windows 10: Taskbar color customization

Discus and support Taskbar color customization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Taskbar color choices are extremely limited in W10, very difficult to read tabs. What is wrong with MS.....? I tried run<"control color">,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by boyboyds, Nov 30, 2015.

1. boyboyds Win User

Taskbar color customization

Hi,

Taskbar color choices are extremely limited in W10, very difficult to read tabs. What is wrong with MS.....?

I tried run<"control color">, but it was useless as well.

Is there any external tools that will allow me to customize taskbar color independently from accent colors and borders.

I saw some suggestions to modify registry, but I do not want to go this route.

Thanks,
    -BBDS

:)

boyboyds, Nov 30, 2015
  2. Finell Win User

Custom Color for Taskbar in Windows 10

I have exactly the same problem. The "locked down" color scheme is black on black (so support this color scheme to make it readable, Microsoft). When I right-click the taskbar and click Properties, it offers hyperlink to "How do I customize taskbars?"
    That is a LIE, because it simply leads to generic online help with no option to customize taskbar.

Finell, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 taskbar in Lighter Color (White)

You can also make a more custom color by press Windows Key + R and typing in "control color" but white still gives it a grey color to the taskbar.

Tobe Reade, Nov 30, 2015
  4. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Nov 30, 2015
  5. philc43 Win User
    The OP has already said this option was useless for him. He accessed it by typing "control color" in Run.

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    The Difference is IF you first choose a HIGH CONTRAST THEME then you have the option to pic ANY color in the palette. *Smile

SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar color customization - Similar Threads - Taskbar color customization

2. Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?: After the recent Windows 11 Home update 3/17/23, my taskbar color changed without prompting. Now I can't change it back because the option has been greyed out. Changing to Windows dark mode does not fix the issue; the taskbar color is not the same color that I choose.Why have...
  3. Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?: After the recent Windows 11 Home update 3/17/23, my taskbar color changed without prompting. Now I can't change it back because the option has been greyed out. Changing to Windows dark mode does not fix the issue; the taskbar color is not the same color that I choose.Why have...
  4. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar customization: How do I customize my taskbar so that there is NO feed for news or weather etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-customization/8355d032-d2e1-4746-a5d2-ace68ce5c56e
  5. Custom color profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom color profile: I installed two color profiles for my monitor and got them to work perfectly fine. At first, I had an option within the display settings to quickly choose between them and I could see an instant change on my desktop. After restarting my computer, I no longer have that option...
  6. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar customization: Is there any software or anyways something that allows you to customize the taskbar beyond the usual stock customizations in the windows settings? submitted by /u/Licenziato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iivzcy/taskbar_customization/
  7. Custom color filters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom color filters: I have been using the Windows 10 native "Invert" color filter at work so that I can read white text against a black background. The unfortunately consequence of this is that all the colors are inverted as well. (eg blue becomes orange, green becomes purple, etc) I am...
  8. Custom Color

Custom Color: If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing. Windows 10 1803. 122111
  9. Custom Colors

Custom Colors: Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color: I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are...