Windows 10: Taskbar/Cortana search window...

Discus and support Taskbar/Cortana search window... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With the 1809 update, the taskbar search window changed: [img] The width of the initial search window is doubled in size. Is there a way to reduce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cr00zng, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Taskbar/Cortana search window...

With the 1809 update, the taskbar search window changed:

Taskbar/Cortana search window... [​IMG]

The width of the initial search window is doubled in size. Is there a way to reduce the width to what it used to be in 1803? Or at the very least, is there a way to change the background color for this window? It's a jarring change, when the background switches to white once the search term entered...

The other issue is disabling web search. I have two systems, both with 1809 version. One includes web search:

The other does not:

Admittedly, I probably changed search settings awhile ego, but cannot remember what I did. The tutorial below did not help:

Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Any idea how to disable Cortana web search? Blocking both Cortana and Edge access to the the web would probably cause more issues than it's worth for...

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Nov 17, 2018

2. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The Cortana process does not show up in Task Manager processes. It looks like some built in Win 10 Microsoft apps are disabledoing in Apps and Settings. See attached pics. Any tips would help fix this Cortana taskbar search issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BarryAllen, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Try0x101, Nov 17, 2018
  4. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar/Cortana search window... - Similar Threads - Taskbar Cortana search

2. Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search: Is there any way to change settings of Windows 10/11 when user search via taskbar/Cortana search and select Documents in option, that search result would include indexes result as well. Right now user can search for indexed folder via File Explorer, in taskbar search it would...
  3. Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search: Is there any way to change settings of Windows 10/11 when user search via taskbar/Cortana search and select Documents in option, that search result would include indexes result as well. Right now user can search for indexed folder via File Explorer, in taskbar search it would...
  4. Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  6. Windows Store, Search bar, Cortana, calendar on taskbar, Windows Search is not working even...

in Cortana
    Windows Store, Search bar, Cortana, calendar on taskbar, Windows Search is not working even...: My Windows Store and search bar cannot work for a long time I forgot when the problem occured, and recently I found that I can't use my calendar on taskbar, it won't show up after I clicked it. Then I started realise the problem is getting serious. I am sorry for my poor...
  7. cortana windows search

in Cortana
    cortana windows search: Since a couple days ago, my "type here to search" on my taskbar has not been working, the loading wheel comes up when I click on it but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-windows-search/8e7821f8-7570-4468-858e-cec84b74bf11
  8. Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

Putting cortana/search button on taskbar: The past year i personalized entirely my desktop, so to keep things clean, i deactivated all buttons, but somehow i managed to put a shortcut button to the search box in my taskbar (later changed to cortana), having to pin it or drag it from somewhere, but the problems begin...
  9. Small taskbar icons and Cortana search

Small taskbar icons and Cortana search: Hey guys *Smile Have a question! When using “small taskbar icons” is their a way to show the cortana search bar? Thanks, greatly appreciated! 105387
  10. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working: Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana search window