Windows 10: Taskbar gone, and more

Discus and support Taskbar gone, and more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, here's my problem: Everything in my taskbar has gone except the Cortana button, the multitasking button (whatever that's called) and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flatscreenface, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Taskbar gone, and more

Hi All, here's my problem:

Everything in my taskbar has gone except the Cortana button, the multitasking button (whatever that's called) and the windows button. The windows button only opens if i right-click on it, and then gives an old style menu. There's no 'settings' option, just things like 'system', 'control panel' and those old things. When I open control panel the old windows 7 panel opens and when I try to go further the new Windows 10 settings panel starts to open but gets no further than the cog icon in a blue screen. Anyone know what I can do?

:)

flatscreenface, Oct 23, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 Settings Icon is Blank on Taskbar when Running and Taskbar is Set to Small Icons

Have you gone to Start and right click on the Gear icon? and the More and Pin to Taskbar?

lacrumb, Oct 23, 2016
  3. What is "ActionUri OOP Server"?

I have Windows 10 and this process appeared when I had more than one languages added to my system. It is connected to panel on taskbar in which you can change your input language. After it's gone, this process is also gone from Task Menager.

KrzysztofFiszer, Oct 23, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Taskbar gone, and more

Welcome to TenForums!

That sounds like a description of Tablet Mode. If you also have to the far right of the taskbar the Action Centre icon next to the time/date, then click on it. If the Tablet Mode tile is blue that confirms it - click on the Tablet Mode tile to turn it off. This should return you to your normal desktop and taskbar.

Taskbar gone, and more [​IMG]

5. Hi Bree, i tried your suggestion but no go- Action centre will not open. Got anything else? *Smile

flatscreenface, Oct 23, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    You can try system restore to an earlier state (before problems occurred). I have to ask: did you restart PC?

For settings type WIN + I

AndreTen, Oct 23, 2016
  7. Yes, I did restart, twice Cheers

flatscreenface, Oct 24, 2016
  8. Taskbar gone, and more

Win+I gets me as far as the start screen for settings and goes no further than that cog image

flatscreenface, Oct 24, 2016
  9. mrgeek Win User
    Can you post a screenshot of the bottom half of your desktop ? Something like this -

Taskbar gone, and more [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 24, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    So settings screen is non-responsive. I would suggest System restore to date before this happened.
    There are tutorials to do it at boot. system-restore Hope you have some restore points.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar gone, and more

1. Taskbar gone, and more - Similar Threads - Taskbar gone more

2. Taskbar gone bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar gone bug: I have a laptop and I conected a monitor and made if i close the laptops screen it will not go to sleep. But the next day all was working but the taskbar was gone and reapered but now the stuff on my taskbar is gone. If I have program runing it will not be on the taskbar...
  3. Taskbar gone bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar gone bug: I have a laptop and I conected a monitor and made if i close the laptops screen it will not go to sleep. But the next day all was working but the taskbar was gone and reapered but now the stuff on my taskbar is gone. If I have program runing it will not be on the taskbar...
  4. Taskbar scrolling gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar scrolling gone: I have no idea what happened or why it happened, but the tiny scroll arrows on my taskbar are completely gone ever since I went to 11. I kinda miss it since I always pin things to my taskbar. And—get this—apps I can't see pinned on my taskbar are still pinned! Wha? What is...
  5. Taskbar scrolling gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar scrolling gone: I have no idea what happened or why it happened, but the tiny scroll arrows on my taskbar are completely gone ever since I went to 11. I kinda miss it since I always pin things to my taskbar. And—get this—apps I can't see pinned on my taskbar are still pinned! Wha? What is...
  6. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  7. Taskbar Transparency gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar Transparency gone: I just updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 and after updating my taskbar and start menu transparency has been gone did anybody knows why this happens and also is it done by Microsoft or it is a bug or something...
  8. Taskbar clock is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar clock is gone: I have a Windows 10 Surface Pro. My taskbar clock just randomly disappeared, and I can't get it back. I've looked at a lot of different possible solutions to get the clock back, but none have worked so far. Even when I go to the notification settings, it says that the clock...
  9. Taskbar Icons gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons gone: aLL OF A SUDDEN SOME OF MY tASKBAR iONS ARE NOW GREYED OUT/SAME COLOR AS THE TASKBAR ITSELF. i TRIED CHANGING THE COLOR BUT NO JOY! wHY IS THIS HAPPENING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-gone/250e7e32-28c7-4856-b36b-8209c902d12d
  10. my taskbar is gone

in Windows 10 Support
    my taskbar is gone: Uh,, my taskbar is gone. What should I do? More info: not start, no Win+E, no Win+R & restarting explorer doesn't help. *Sad Also, no virtual desktop either. How can I get outa this? 16589