Windows 10: Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display

Discus and support Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I recently upgraded my cables from VGA to DVI, and was playing around with monitor resolutions. Somehow, on my left display, the taskbar has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CyanRepublic, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display

Hello. I recently upgraded my cables from VGA to DVI, and was playing around with monitor resolutions. Somehow, on my left display, the taskbar has disappeared, and I don't know how to get it back. Any suggestions? (NOTE: Changing the main display doesn't work, and neither does changing taskbar location [top, left etc.])

:)

CyanRepublic, Jul 12, 2016

2. Main Taskbar on Multiple Displays

RodgerShaffer, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Main Taskbar on Multiple Displays

I'm running three displays in Windows 10. I want the "main taskbar" to stay on the main display. I think I'm using the term "main taskbar" consistent with Win10 documentation. It's the taskbar with the quick start area and icons. The main taskbar was
    on my main display, #2, for a long time, but then it moved itself to display #3, the left display. How do I move it back?

Beachedwhale, Jul 12, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display

CountMike, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display

1. Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display - Similar Threads - Taskbar has Vanished

2. Icons vanishing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons vanishing on taskbar: Hi, I have been experimenting this bug a few months ago, in two different computers, both with Windows 11.The invisible icon on the right is Microsoft EdgeI think this has something to do with desktop switching, it always happen when coming back to a desktop.It always happen...
  3. Icons vanishing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons vanishing on taskbar: Hi, I have been experimenting this bug a few months ago, in two different computers, both with Windows 11.The invisible icon on the right is Microsoft EdgeI think this has something to do with desktop switching, it always happen when coming back to a desktop.It always happen...
  4. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep: Hello,on my desktop pc i have two monitors and i have the taskbar set on the secondary display.when the pc goes to sleep or the monitors gets turned off my taskbar moves from the secondary to the primary display.the secondary display connected via DP is like being completely...
  5. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep: Hello,on my desktop pc i have two monitors and i have the taskbar set on the secondary display.when the pc goes to sleep or the monitors gets turned off my taskbar moves from the secondary to the primary display.the secondary display connected via DP is like being completely...
  6. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Vanishing taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vanishing taskbar: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, this problem has plagued me from the very start. Sometimes the taskbar will completely vanish and refuse to show up if I move the mouse curser below the screen. It happens quite often when maximizing windows. Is there a way to fix this?...
  8. Problem With Vanishing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem With Vanishing Taskbar: I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop and have just created a user without any problems. I have encountered what, to me, is rather a strange problem. If I log out of user and into admin when I go back to user, without rebooting the system, the admin taskbar icons have...
  9. Devices icon has vanished from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices icon has vanished from Taskbar: My Taskbar no longer has the devices icon, the one which allows you to 'safely remove a device' such as a USB drive. I have no idea what happened to it. I hoped re-booting might bring it back but it has not. How do I recover it?*Eek 25564
  10. Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display: Hello. With Win8 and Win10, there seems to be better support for multiple monitors. However, I've been having difficulty with one thing in particular: getting the main taskbar to display on a non-primary monitor. In fact, ideally, I'd rather just not have the taskbar on the...