Windows 10: Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode

Discus and support Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] I'm seeing something I never seen before. When I left click on the Internet Icon that looks like a computer on my task bar there are words and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steveeyes, May 16, 2020.

1. steveeyes Win User

Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode

Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode [​IMG]

I'm seeing something I never seen before. When I left click on the Internet Icon that looks like a computer on my task bar there are words and an icon I never seen before and not sure how to remove. See above image.

I never seen the words "Change settings, such as making a connection metered" and below those words is the airplane icon I never seen before.

Is there a way to remove the words and the airplane icon? I would think if I was in some kind of airplane mode, my internet connection would be slower. And as far the connected metered words, I checked my setting and metering is turned off.

Confusing! Thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Using Windows 10. Also my computer/internet is not connected by wifi. I have a modem that plugs into router and an ethernet cable that goes from router to my computer

Below is my meter settings in windows 10. It is turned off.

Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode [​IMG]

:)

steveeyes, May 16, 2020

2. Airplane Mode is enabled automatically in Windows 10

Airplane mode is enabled automatically, how do I turn it off?

Source How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

DavidPostill, May 16, 2020
  3. Windows10 airplane mode

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try these steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet
    icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off
    Airplane mode on the right side.

You may also run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 16, 2020
  4. Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode

Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode

1. Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar Internet Icon

2. No internet and no icon in taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet and no icon in taskbar.: I did something to my pc windows 10, self inflicted. I lost my sound, bluetooth and I have no internet. There is no icon in the taskbar and no connection can be made to wifi. Internet is working as tablet and tv is ok. "Network connections folder is empty" I must of deleted...
  3. No internet and no icon in taskbar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet and no icon in taskbar.: I did something to my pc windows 10, self inflicted. I lost my sound, bluetooth and I have no internet. There is no icon in the taskbar and no connection can be made to wifi. Internet is working as tablet and tv is ok. "Network connections folder is empty" I must of deleted...
  4. airplane mode icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    airplane mode icon: The airplane mode does not show up on my computer. How do I install it or could some thing be blocking it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-icon/5c6d896a-61cf-4711-9923-6aa65a37987e
  5. No internet and no internet icon in the taskbar.

No internet and no internet icon in the taskbar.: When i started my pc up, i had no sound detection at all i fixed it and i had no internet and internet icon. And after a while Antimalware Service Executable uses insane usage of CPU with some other processes. Please help i can’t launch any anti virus because i don’t have any...
  6. No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.

No wifi button on internet icon. Airplane mode is not on.: [IMG]My computer isn't connecting to the internet. The only option from troubleshooting is plugging in ethernet cables. I've never had to do that before. I know the wifi network os working because my firetv is connected to it. I even tried connecting to my phones wifi...
  7. Internet Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Icon in Taskbar: Hey all, I'm having this issue on Windows 10 where I'm online typing this message but the icon and icon text says that I'm connected to a network but have no internet access. Clearly it's not a huge deal but it would be helpful if someone could explain this to me or tell me...
  8. airplane mode icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode icon: My wifi icon has changed to the airplane mode icon, but I am not on airplane mode. My internet is working normally. Any idea why this happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-icon/5c3b4d2e-f6da-40b6-a8ef-7ca4158a5562
  9. Other user and internet lock into airplane mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other user and internet lock into airplane mode: I am lock into other user. Also internet is airplane mode on that screen. Not allowing access to the Microsoft password change. I tried hitting alt /cntrl /delete to no avail. How can i access. Computer....
  10. Internet and Airplane Mode in Windows 10

Internet and Airplane Mode in Windows 10: Hi, I noticed in some Windows 10 laptops. Even Airplane Mode is ON, Internet (Wifi and LAN) works. Is it any flaw or anything else? Please clarify. Regards InTech...