Windows 10: Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge

Discus and support Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I got the email icon on my taskbar that keeps showing unread emails, even though I don't. I tried everything such as synicing but it doesn't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 3nomis, Mar 21, 2019.

1. 3nomis Win User

Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge

Hi! I got the email icon on my taskbar that keeps showing unread emails, even though I don't. I tried everything such as synicing but it doesn't go away.

Do you have any solution?

Thanks

:)

3nomis, Mar 21, 2019

2. MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon

I have the Universal MS mail app on my taskbar. In the past when I received mail a badge opened over the icon with the number of emails I received. I also get email notifications on the Action Center icon which works correctly. I have badges turned on in Settings. I used to get the mail badge not too long ago. I don't know what changed to cause it to disappear. I can still click on the mail icon on the taskbar to open the mail app to view my emails or I can click on the action center notification.

Does anyone know how to get the badge back on my taskbar? Since Action Center does the same thing I am really not hurt by all of this but I still would like to know what's going on and to fix it.

Thanks.

streetwolf, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    What are Taskbar Badges

Hello JJG10, Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge :)

The tutorial below can help give you more details about taskbar button badges. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail apps badge shows you the number of unseen emails (not unread). The Alarms & Clock app’s badge will show you that you have an active alarm. The Weather app’s badge lets you know when there is a weather alert in the area.

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 21, 2019
  4. DamienUU Win User

Discovered Bug in Windows 10 Mail App - Phantom Unread Messages Icon in Taskbar & Start Menu

I've discovered whats causing the phantom unread messages icon to show unread emails in the taskbar and start menu.

Steps to reproduce:

1. New unread emails sitting in the Inbox (or any folder).

2. Click on the unread email, then quickly right-click.

3. Before the app recognizes the email as being opened and read, click "Delete".

4. Close down mail app. "Unread mail" icon numbers in task bar will flash, disappear, then immediately reappear.

5. Phantom Unread mail numbers will remain in the mail icon (and mail app tile in the start menu) , even when new emails come in, they will not be updated or accurate.

The only way to get rid of it is to uninstall the whole mail and calendar app with the PowerShell, then reboot the computer, and reinstall for the Windows Store. All which is a pain in the a...

DamienUU, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge - Similar Threads - Taskbar Mail icon

2. Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working: Yesterday everything was working just fine. But today I had a badge notification on my email app that wouldn't go away. So I tried the repair option in settings and that didn't work so I reset the app. After that, no badges will show up. All other apps on the taskbar will...
  3. Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working: Yesterday everything was working just fine. But today I had a badge notification on my email app that wouldn't go away. So I tried the repair option in settings and that didn't work so I reset the app. After that, no badges will show up. All other apps on the taskbar will...
  4. Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.: On the taskbar, the mail Icon is not showing the total number count of new emails. It is not syncing automatically email. Please resolve it....
  5. Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying: Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated. I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon stopped displaying the badge with the unread message count. I've already checked the obvious things in Settings and...
  6. Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying: Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated. I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon stopped displaying the badge with the unread message count. I've already checked the obvious things in Settings and...
  7. Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar: I recently changed my taskbar layout and switched to small icons to get more screen real estate. Problem is, while in small mode, icons don't display badges anymore (like unread count for Discord or email apps for example). I've been looking around but can't find any way to...
  8. MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon

in Browsers and Email
    MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon: I have the Universal MS mail app on my taskbar. In the past when I received mail a badge opened over the icon with the number of emails I received. I also get email notifications on the Action Center icon which works correctly. I have badges turned on in Settings. I used to...
  9. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails: The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no notification in the Action Centre. Is there an easy way to clear this? I have tried selecting all and marking as read then as...
  10. How to remove Mail app unread notification badge

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Mail app unread notification badge: I just noticed a red circle with "1" in the middle on top of my mail app taskbar icon when I rebooted my PC but I cleared out the inbox and it remains. The notification badge bugs me like beckoning me to do something. I've checked all settings in app and Windows. Does anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phantom badges on taskbar

2. taskbar mail icon unread mail

3. the Mail apps badge shows you the number of unseen emails (not unread)

4. windows 10 taskbar badge mail notification shows unread mail