Windows 10: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

Discus and support Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by kcmichaelb, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10

Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail apps badge shows you the number of unseen emails (not unread). The Alarms & Clock apps badge will show you that you have an active alarm. The Weather apps badge lets you know when there is a weather alert in the area.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show badges on taskbar buttons for UWP apps in your account in Windows 10.

*note If you turned on Use small taskbar buttons, then show badges on taskbar buttons will be disabled.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Settings
    • Option Two: To Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Badges on taskbar buttons

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Taskbar on the left side, and turn On (default) or Off Show badges on taskbar buttons on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons using a BAT file
    *note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

TaskbarBadges DWORD

0 = Hide badges
    1 = Show badges

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_badges_on_taskbar_buttons.bat

Download

3. To Hide Badges on Taskbar Buttons
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_badges_on_taskbar_buttons.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

kcmichaelb, Nov 12, 2016

2. Mail for Windows 10 notification on taskbar

This setting refers to the Badges on your taskbar. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Open Windows 10 Settings and click on Personalization.
    • Once here, click on Taskbar in the left panel, and scroll down a bit until you see
      Show badges on taskbar buttons.
    • To enable showing of these badges, toggle the button to the ON
      position. But remember this will not work if you have enabled
      Small taskbar buttons

Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Win 10 taskbar randomly switches to "custom" and moves to the side.

I run multiple monitors (four, to be precise), so I have come to expect a certain amount of UI instability, no matter what OS I run. Most of it I can live with, but recently, the taskbar has been driving me crazy.

I set it to "Top" or "Bottom", then exit settings and continue doing what I was doing. At some point, sometimes mere seconds later, I cannot find the main (default) window's taskbar where I put it. I will find it on the side (usually the right, but sometimes
    left). I enter settings and see that it is set to "Custom" instead of the "Top" or "Bottom", either of which is acceptable. This occurs roughly 20-30 times a day, and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to get the thing to stay put.

Side windows will maintain their "Top" or "Bottom" setting, but the main window cannot somehow stand to stay put.

My settings are:

Taskbar

Lock the taskbar: ON

Auto hide in desktop mode: ON

Auto hide in tablet mode: OFF

Use small taskbar buttons: ON

Use Peek to preview: ON

Replace Command Prompt with PowerShell: ON

Show badges on taskbar buttons: OFF (greyed out)

Taskbar location on screen: TOP

Combine taskbar buttons: Always, hide labels

Multiple displays

Show taskbar on all displays: ON

Show taskbar buttons on: All taskbars

Combine buttons on other taskbars: Always, hide labels

If anyone has any idea how to fix this, please let me know.

JaceCarlson, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

Thank you for the tip. I added a note to the tutorials for this. *Smile

Brink, Nov 12, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

1. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar Buttons Hide

2. Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons": Hello."Show badges on taskbar buttons" is locked and sturdier than the walls of Moria for some unknown reason. Help a Hobbit out? I want to see notifications on my messaging apps. Now I never know if someone's messaged me....
  3. Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons": Hello."Show badges on taskbar buttons" is locked and sturdier than the walls of Moria for some unknown reason. Help a Hobbit out? I want to see notifications on my messaging apps. Now I never know if someone's messaged me....
  4. Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  6. How to Hide Badges on Taskbar Icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Hide Badges on Taskbar Icons in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You can view notifications on your taskbar with the badges on Taskbar icons. However, if you wish, you can hide badges on Taskbar icons in Windows 11 which are by default enabled. Notifications have become a great part of our life. Since we rely mainly on emails and...
  7. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...
  8. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...
  9. Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Ink Workspace does), and tapping on it will bring it up the virtual touchpad. Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, the...
  10. Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are badges on taskbar buttons

2. badges on taskbar buttons

3. show badges on taskbar button

4. taskbar button badges,
  5. windows 10 show badges on taskbar buttons,
  6. what is badges on taskbar buttons,
  7. what are badges in win 10,
  8. win 10 show badges on taskbar buttons,
  9. what are badges on taskbar,
  10. badges on taskbar buttons windows 10,
  11. windows 10 taskbar hiding the badges,