Windows 10: Taskbar Reveal Delay Setting

Discus and support Taskbar Reveal Delay Setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I put my taskbar is on the left side of the screen for various reasons that I won't go into. I autohide it. My problem is when I accidently mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThinkerX, Sep 27, 2018.

1. ThinkerX Win User

Taskbar Reveal Delay Setting

I put my taskbar is on the left side of the screen for various reasons that I won't go into. I autohide it. My problem is when I accidently mouse over to click something on the very left of a screen, I accidentally trigger the unhide and the taskbar then covers whatever I was trying to click.

Is there a registry setting that would delay the hidden taskbar reveal? So, for example, the taskbar would only unhide if I mouse to the left for at least 500ms (which would clearly be an intentional act by me instead of accidentally mousing too far when I am trying to click something on the extreme left of the screen).

:)

ThinkerX, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Eddo51 Win User
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Rather than set delay time value to wait, I want to set "time to show list" while hovering over a taskbar icon. Is there a registry setting that controls this? Thanks.

Eddo51, Sep 27, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Reveal Delay Setting - Similar Threads - Taskbar Reveal Delay

2. Taskbar Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Settings: Hello, I'm Shrijit Sahu.Actually, I wanted to enable Meet now button. I followed the steps, but it ended in this way:Now, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings/65e18afa-b666-48a0-9609-adde4046bea6
  3. Taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar settings: I have a problem. I did not do this. I woke up this morning and it was there.But I know it is something simple. TASKBAR SETTINGS. Where do I turn on and off taskbar setting I know ow how to do that. I do not know which program it is otherwise I would have control of it. 1....
  4. Is there a way to delay the unhide of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to delay the unhide of the taskbar?: I have “automatically hide taskbar” but i’d like it to take a bit longer to show up when i move the cursor down. submitted by /u/mare1999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/me6o8v/is_there_a_way_to_delay_the_unhide_of_the_taskbar/
  5. Taskbar setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar setting: After the latest update, the taskbar does not show what windows I have open anymore except for the one I am currently on. E.g. before, if I was on the desktop screen, the task bar would highlight that I have a Chrome window open, a Discord window open and so on. Now if I am...
  6. Taskbar Settings . . .

Taskbar Settings . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I have many shortcuts on my taskbar. It was very nice. I could get, to anything very quickly. But, now all of a sudden. There's an up and down arrow, on my taskbar. Up for half, down to the other half, of my shortcuts. I don't...
  7. Delay in background change in Taskbar when Taskbar is set Transparent

Delay in background change in Taskbar when Taskbar is set Transparent: With the background set to slide show the background theme changes on the taskbar about 1 second after it changes on the rest of the screen. Can it be syncronized so they change at the same time? ***Modified title from: Windows 10 Transparent taskbar background change***...
  8. 1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed

1903 Settings Appearance - Cortana Delayed: I just did a fresh install on 1903 (on 3 different machines) and each machine displays the same result. I go into Settings and it goes from “Ease of Access” to “Search” and then 2 seconds later “Cortana” displays between those two items. It happens every single time I open...
  9. Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?: This hovering text is very annoying: [img] I understand the hovering text describes what your mouse pointer is actually hovering over; but if the pointer is locked into the hovering text field by the slightest accidental movement of the mouse, the actual click you make...
  10. What causes the delay on changing icons on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    What causes the delay on changing icons on the taskbar?: Hey, So I've got some pinned icons on my Win 10 taskbar, such as Chrome, Notepad++, file explorer etc. I go to change the Chrome icon and it doesn't change on the taskbar like it did with W7. But sometime later, unsure when, could have been after a restart or after waking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar delay issue