Windows 10: Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once

Discus and support Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I single-click on an any icon pinned to my taskbar to start that program, I always get two windows of the application open up and begin to run. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielMorrow, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once

When I single-click on an any icon pinned to my taskbar to start that program, I always get two windows of the application open up and begin to run. It is getting pretty irritating to have to close the unnecessary second instance of the program. How can I get a single-click, single application running experience that should be happening?

:)

DanielMorrow, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Double icons on my taskbar when program start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• When you click on that program are you getting any error message?
    • Which icon appear in the taskbar?

Try to unpin that programs from the taskbar and pin again.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 31, 2019
  3. jj2016 Win User
    Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

By reset clearing, I meant the suggestion at the bottom of that thread.
    Taskbar Pinned Apps - Reset and Clear in Windows 10

I have done a,b,c. With safe mode new user and normal mode new user, the icon doesn't stay for any programs.
    With my main account, safe mode and normal mode, icon doesn't stay for any programs, except for Chrome's icon which stays in normal mode.

jj2016, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once

Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once

1. Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once - Similar Threads - Taskbar shows double

2. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  3. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  4. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  5. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  6. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  7. Recent windows updates causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows updates causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.: With the most recent update that rolled out, my computer has been experiencing a serious issue of the mouse double-clicking on its own or even clicking once. When you try to drag a window it will either double click to open it big or it will go small or even multiple. At...
  8. Recent windows update causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows update causes mouse to double click when only clicking once.: With the most recent update that rolled out, my computer has been experiencing a serious issue of the mouse double-clicking on its own or even clicking once. When you try to drag a window it will either double click to open it big or it will go small or even multiple. At...
  9. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing: Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the...
  10. Double iTunes Icon when pinned

Double iTunes Icon when pinned: I know how to get around the double iTunes icon in Windows 8, unfortunately that doesn't seem to work on Windows 10, has anyone found another way? 10289