Windows 10: Taskbar width

Discus and support Taskbar width in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have accidentally clicked on something and now my task bar is too wide. I have tried everything but can't get it back to normal. Help please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanPitt, May 30, 2019.

1. JanPitt Win User

Taskbar width

I have accidentally clicked on something and now my task bar is too wide. I have tried everything but can't get it back to normal. Help please

:)

JanPitt, May 30, 2019
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, May 30, 2019
  3. David Sz. Win User
    Taskbar height/width on the side

Hi,

I'm using my taskbar at left side but I hate width of them. I don't know why are icons as Wi-Fi connection, Volume etc. in two columns which expends width of taskbar. I tried unlock taskbar and resize width manually but nothing. When I change position of
    taskbar at default option (bottom) everything is nice in one line.

Thank you for help!
    Taskbar width 4df9b5e3-42dc-4a75-8f16-a7de7e649fb0.jpg

David Sz., May 30, 2019
  4. Taskbar width

How to reduce width of the taskbar buttons?

Hello,

This is in reference to this tutorial.

What I want to do is to reduce the width of the taskbar buttons even further...that is, even shorter width than what's shown as size 38 in that tutorial. I want the buttons in my taskbar to show their respective icons along with only 3-4 characters of text.

I remember that I accomplished this in my previous Windows installation (Windows 7 (64-bit)), using the same method as discussed in that tutorial with some value (which I can't recall). But somehow, I can't seem to make it happen in Windows 10.

Some of the values I've tried are: 10, 52,54, 55, 58 and a few more.

Please suggest a suitable value/method to make it happen in my Windows 10.

Ten64BitUser, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar width

1. Taskbar width - Similar Threads - Taskbar width

2. Taskbar Hides One Icon - the icon is hidden behind an empty space with the same width as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Hides One Icon - the icon is hidden behind an empty space with the same width as...: Hi,Just like the title says, one of the icons is hidden on the left side of the clock on the taskbar.See screenshot below:In the screenshot above the Volume icon is hidden between the Network icon and the Clock.Check the screenshot below:In the screenshot above, the Network...
  3. Taskbar Hides One Icon - the icon is hidden behind an empty space with the same width as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hides One Icon - the icon is hidden behind an empty space with the same width as...: Hi,Just like the title says, one of the icons is hidden on the left side of the clock on the taskbar.See screenshot below:In the screenshot above the Volume icon is hidden between the Network icon and the Clock.Check the screenshot below:In the screenshot above, the Network...
  4. Taskbar Hides One Icon - the icon is hidden behind an empty space with the same width as...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to remove three dots (...) if text is longer than taskbar width?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove three dots (...) if text is longer than taskbar width?: Hello! Been scratching my head over this space consuming thing. Is there a way just to not have the ... if the text is longer than the taskbar size? Is there a way to keep the text going without converting into ... , and then just stopping as the bar stops? I would rather...
  6. Registry for Taskbar width

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry for Taskbar width: Is there a way to change the taskbar (vertical) width with a registry key edit? I know 7+ taskbar tweaker can do it, so I was thinking if I can do that manually with a registry edit. I wanna make the taskbar width smaller than u can by dragging on default windows settings....
  7. Registry key for Windows 10 horizontal taskbar width???

Registry key for Windows 10 horizontal taskbar width???: Is there a tool or a way or does anybody know if there is a registry key that sets the Windows 10 horizontal taskbar width? It has always been at 100% of the screen resolution width that I know of; but I am wondering if there is a way to for example set the taskbar width to...
  8. How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined?

How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined?: I think I have to change something on Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics; but what? I just want them to be a bit smaller in width. I found something to make the buttons bigger, but not smaller. submitted by /u/Bohzee [link] [comments]...
  9. shrink width of taskbar along bottom of screen?

shrink width of taskbar along bottom of screen?: Is there any way to shrink the width of the taskbar along the bottom of the screen? So that e.g. it is 50% of the screen width (sort of like Fluxbox in Linux)? I have googled and can not seem to find a way. Is there a Registry hack of some sort to do this? This is purely for...
  10. How to configure the width of applications in the taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to configure the width of applications in the taskbar in Windows 10?: Since this Morning, the width of app in the taskbar are spread along it. I would like to restore the previous behavior of the taskbar. How can I fix this? [ATTACH] I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2004...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar width windows 10 2019

2. taskbar width

3. windows taskbar width

4. How do I decrease the taskbar width_on Windows 10-left site,
  5. make system tray wider,
  6. windows 10 make taskbar narrow,
  7. taskbar at bottom became too wide