Windows 10: tearing in windows 10

Discus and support tearing in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so ever since i updated to windows ten ive had tearing, at first i hoped it would be fixed in an update but to awe. ive recorded one of the tearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by froller2, Sep 2, 2015.

1. froller2 Win User

tearing in windows 10

so ever since i updated to windows ten ive had tearing, at first i hoped it would be fixed in an update but to awe.
    ive recorded one of the tearing issues ive got [youtube]LRQUKjlruEU[/youtube]

i also got anoying tearing in media players/vlc when i watch movies or whatnot.
    all drivers are up to date same with windows updates.
    another wierd bug? ive encountered is that some words doesnt display in the setting menu as seen here
    tearing in windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

froller2, Sep 2, 2015
  2. 樂日久 Win User

Windows 10(1067) Screen Tearing

Hello,everyone!

When I am playing Minecraft, there is screen tearing on my laptop.

My computer is windows 10, but I downupgrade to windows 8.1 now.

In windows 8.1,isn’t screen tearing. But in window 10, there is screen tearing.

Is there anyway to fix screen tearing in Windows 10.

I want to use windows 10 very much, but the problem forces me to use windows 8.1.

I hope someone can help to solve the problem and make me use windows 10 fluently.

My computer equipment : ASUS ROG G551JW I7-4720HQ Intel 4600 / GTX 960M 8GB RAM

Thank you.

樂日久, Sep 2, 2015
  3. BirdmanC4 Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Tearing

Iam having the same issue. Never experienced screen tearing in windows 8.1. This is non sense. Most of my games have screen tearing and YouTube videos are messed up unless I restart my CPU. I really dont know whats the problem. Microsoft needs to fix this
    problem soon. very soon. I love windows 10 but not with screen tearing.

BirdmanC4, Sep 2, 2015
  4. froller2 Win User

tearing in windows 10

help i need somebody.... help not just anybody!

froller2, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Do you have a graphics card?
    If yes - Uninstall your graphics driver and get the one from the card creator to install fresh.
    If no card - Uninstall your VGA/graphics driver and get the one from your motherboard creator to install fresh.

Repair any system errors with SFC: SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums - must follow exactly, read every part!

When you go to Device Manager, do you see any yellow triangle error icons?

DustSailor, Sep 4, 2015
  6. froller2 Win User
    onboard is diasbled in bios, and ive tried reinstalling gpu driver from nvidia a few times without luck

froller2, Sep 4, 2015
  7. froller2 Win User
    and no everything in device manager seems fine.

froller2, Sep 4, 2015
  8. tearing in windows 10

You don't need to disable anything in the BIOS, the computer will do any of that automatically when it detects the GPU card. I would recommend leaving the BIOS to its original settings. If the BIOS needs to be updated, you can do that on the motherboard's website.

Can you tell me how the driver did not install? Can you uninstall it and try again with the correct Windows 10 64bit GTX 970 series driver? I believe you guys use the UK website, no? Here it is: Drivers | GeForce - if you cannot install the driver, it may be one reason for the tearing.

DustSailor, Sep 4, 2015
  9. froller2 Win User
    ohh no you i was wrong, gpu driver from nvidia is installed fine, what i meant is that it didnt help *Sad)
    and regardding onboard gpu disabled in bios, thats the default setting.

froller2, Sep 4, 2015
  10. Oh ok *Smile

If you haven't yet, I do recommend completely removing the Nvidia driver and doing a fresh/clean install for it. Only if you haven't tried it yet.

How did the SFC scan go?

DustSailor, Sep 4, 2015
  11. froller2 Win User
    with ddu`?, could try thats for sure.
    and it said it found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

froller2, Sep 4, 2015
  12. DustSailor, Sep 4, 2015
  13. froller2 Win User

tearing in windows 10

back again, just ran dism clean up restore health and restarted, and ran sfc again this time it found corrupt files but did clean em up

froller2, Sep 4, 2015
  14. froller2 Win User
    what would it change? except for a higher bill?

froller2, Sep 4, 2015
  15. It allows the GPU to use more power, to do a better job at rendering. There are individual settings where you can select 'optimize video quality', etc, and you can set it to still sleep or whatever you need it to do to save power, but still make the GPU and CPU use more power to work better. Entirely your choice.

Run the SFC scan until you get no errors.

Another option is removing any program(s) you do not use, disabling any startup programs you don't use, and possibly looking through this tutorial for anything you can do for speed (it can only help): Optimize Performance of Windows 8 - works for windows 10 too

Make sure the GPU is clean without dust, and if it needs extra power cables plugged into it, that they are plugged in.

Other than that, you might just have to wait for Microsoft or Nvidia to release an update that fixes the problem.

DustSailor, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

tearing in windows 10

1. tearing in windows 10 - Similar Threads - tearing

2. having a problem i am ready to tear my hair out, its with slotmania

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having a problem i am ready to tear my hair out, its with slotmania: slotmania is my problem.by mistake on the top of the page BY SLOTMANIA I ACCIDENTLY CLICKED ON 777 AND I CAN NOT GET BACK TO MY GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-i-am-ready-to-tear-my-hair-out/94263a00-ccb1-4ecc-a162-eb1f605c574f
  3. having a problem i am ready to tear my hair out, its with slotmania

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    having a problem i am ready to tear my hair out, its with slotmania: slotmania is my problem.by mistake on the top of the page BY SLOTMANIA I ACCIDENTLY CLICKED ON 777 AND I CAN NOT GET BACK TO MY GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-i-am-ready-to-tear-my-hair-out/94263a00-ccb1-4ecc-a162-eb1f605c574f
  4. is there anyway to eliminate screen tearing without vertical sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there anyway to eliminate screen tearing without vertical sync?: i have a laptop with 60hz refresh rate and i run it on 1920x1080 resolution and windows 11, i have an amd gpu, here is the things i tried: updated graphics drivers, OpenGL triple buffering, set scale to 100% instead of the recommended 125%the reason i want to eliminate screen...
  5. is there anyway to eliminate screen tearing without vertical sync?

is there anyway to eliminate screen tearing without vertical sync?: i have a laptop with 60hz refresh rate and i run it on 1920x1080 resolution and windows 11, i have an amd gpu, here is the things i tried: updated graphics drivers, OpenGL triple buffering, set scale to 100% instead of the recommended 125%the reason i want to eliminate screen...
  6. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  7. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  8. Tearing my hair out with file manager.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tearing my hair out with file manager.: Tearing my hair out with file manager. I am trying to just simply copy a list of file names from one folder in windows10 file manager to either word or excel or even notepad. I have tried eveything that I've read and am not able to do this. CTRLA, CtrlC, Ctrl V does not work....
  9. Tearing my hair out with file manager.

Tearing my hair out with file manager.: Tearing my hair out with file manager. I am trying to just simply copy a list of file names from one folder in windows10 file manager to either word or excel or even notepad. I have tried eveything that I've read and am not able to do this. CTRLA, CtrlC, Ctrl V does not work....
  10. Tearing my hair out with file manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming