Windows 10: Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018

Discus and support Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Welcome to Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Kari Win User

Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018

Welcome to Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018

Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders:

This is an open invitation to TF Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows Insiders in a live chat.

This time the TF Live Webcast will focus on Hyper-V. We will talk about how to save space and time with Differencing Disks, how to optimize virtual machines, external switches and so on. Join us and get your questions answered.

TF Live Webcast Part 1 will start on Saturday, 8th of December 2018 at 17:00 (5 PM) UTC. Please check the start time in your time zone here: Event Time Announcer - TF Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special Part 1

TF Live Webcast Part 2 will start on Saturday, 8th of December 2018 at 20:00 (8 PM) UTC. Please check the start time in your time zone here: Event Time Announcer - TF Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special Part 2

It will show you the start time in your local time zone at right, under "Converted time", in 12 or 24 hour clock depending on your location:

Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018 [​IMG]

Both parts have the same content, choose the one that suits better for you.

Those with TF Live Webcast team credentials, use them to join the meeting. Meeting invitation can be found on TF Live team site:

Those wanting TF Live team credentials, please PM me. Those wanting to join completely anonymously, link to join the webcast will be posted in this thread half an hour before the webcast starts.

See the tutorial about getting credentials or joining anonymously: TenForums Live Webcast - How to join | Tutorials

See you geeks on Saturday!

Note Announced times are not convenient for our members in Asia and Australia / Oceania. In case you are from these parts of the world and would like to join TF Live Webcast, let us know by posting in this thread.

If even a few one of you want to join, we'll arrange an extra session for you.

:)

Kari, Dec 1, 2018

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Hyper-V

Hello godzilla_304,

Hyper-V is built into Windows as an optional feature -- there is no Hyper-V download. You can check this
    article
    to learn more about Hyper-V on Windows 10.

For in-depth assistance, I'd suggest posting your question in the TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge on such issues.

It would also be best to contact the developer of the said program regarding the error that you've encountered.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Ten Forums Live Webcast - Hyper-V Special December 8th, 2018 - Similar Threads - Ten Forums Live

2. AVG ten forums

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG ten forums: on my laptop and decided to look in the forum. Forum opens on screen but as soon as I want a page this happens. (Image) so I have uninstalled AVG Free. 159801
  3. Problems with ten forums editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with ten forums editor: I love the content on ten forums. But the web software to compose and reply to messages is very frustrating! I am using the WYSIWYG editor. In no particular order, here are my recent issues: 1) blank lines--why do I need to have 3 blank lines in the editor pane to produce...
  4. Watch Live Apple Special Event September 12, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Live Apple Special Event September 12, 2018: Join us here September 12, 2018 at 10 a.m. PDT to watch the Apple Special Event, live from the Steve Jobs Theater. Watch live at: Apple Events - Keynote September 2018 - Apple 117749
  5. TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial September 1st, 2018

in Windows 10 Support
    TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial September 1st, 2018: Welcome to Ten Forums Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial on September 1st, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Live Webcast - How to make a tutorial on September 1st, 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF...
  6. Thank You Ten Forums...

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You Ten Forums...: i've gone far too long without thanking tenforums for being the tremendous resource that it is, in fact i can't imagine using windows 10 without having this fantastic site to lean on, and instead having to depend on the "official" site that points to scannow and dism as the...
  7. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  8. Watch 8th Gen Intel Core Webcast on April 2, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Watch 8th Gen Intel Core Webcast on April 2, 2018: Tune in tonight to learn new details on 8th Gen Intel Core processors. Webcast will be streamed below on April 2 starting at 11:00 pm Pacific Time. Intel unveiled the Intel® Core™ i9 processor for laptops at an event in Beijing on Tuesday, April 3, 2018. Among the new...
  9. Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018

in Windows 10 Support
    Ten Forums Saturday Live Chat 24-MAR-2018: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat on March 24th, 2018 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 24th of March 2018. Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows Insiders in a live...
  10. Watch Live Windows Insider Mixer Webcast December 12th, 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Live Windows Insider Mixer Webcast December 12th, 2017: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date