Windows 10: text not displaying properly

Discus and support text not displaying properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I must have hit something and now can't figure out what I did to make the presentation of text look different that it did. All text looks broken and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RamonaParker1, Jun 27, 2019.

1. text not displaying properly

I must have hit something and now can't figure out what I did to make the presentation of text look different that it did. All text looks broken and is difficult to read. Help! I'm a undergraduate student and need to get this fixed!

:)

RamonaParker1, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Text not Displaying properly in application

Hi,

It seems that you're having problems regarding your text display on your Windows 10 computer. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the problem?
    • Have you tried updating your display driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Browser not displaying text properly after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, we would like to know if other browse displays the text properly.

I suggest you refer the steps provided in the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might
    also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 27, 2019
  4. text not displaying properly

Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper behavior. Also in the "pick up where I left off" section it just oddly shows icons of the program I was using and doesn't give the name of the file. I don't believe this is the correct behavior either. Clicking on one of the icons opens up a recent file.

I tried following these steps with no luck - Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Not hovering over any option:

text not displaying properly [​IMG]

Hovering over one option:

text not displaying properly [​IMG]

bobsagetfullhou, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

text not displaying properly

1. text not displaying properly - Similar Threads - text displaying properly

2. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not selecting text properly: When editing documents, I need to select and comment on word, sentence, fragment, paragraph, make format changes fonts, indentation etc. copy between documents but my mouse looses selection, so I have to work around with keyboard selection. After I select text with keyboard...
  3. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not selecting text properly: When editing documents, I need to select and comment on word, sentence, fragment, paragraph, make format changes fonts, indentation etc. copy between documents but my mouse looses selection, so I have to work around with keyboard selection. After I select text with keyboard...
  4. Odd Text Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Text Display: Hi All, Having a bit of an odd issue which I'm also struggling to explain. This has limited my abilities to search for answers.This is a program that installs AI traffic for ESP Flight Simulators. It is not the only place where this is happening but it is the most obvious and...
  5. Text fonts are not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text fonts are not displaying properly: So I recently upgraded my computer to a windows 10 pro version and now the fonts on all my screens are not crisp or sharp and in fact are actually rather difficult to read. I've looked at every setting I can and nothing improves this issue please tell me there is a fix for...
  6. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not selecting text properly: Hi, In the last couple of weeks I have had problems when trying to highlight/select text. Sometimes the text won't highlight at all, sometimes part of the text is highlighted but not the whole section, sometimes a portion of the text that I'm NOT trying to select becomes...
  7. Displays no text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displays no text: hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think...
  8. Display Text Not Clear

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Text Not Clear: My HP Envy laptop has just undergone servicing and a Windows re-install, so I'm starting from scratch. The one thing I haven't been able to adjust is the text displayed inside various windows; e.g. Windows Explorer. The text graphics are crude and simple and kind of ugly....
  9. Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly: Hello! I've been running into a text display issue with my browsers. When I go to a certain website (eg:www.nationstates.net), all it displays is just a weird arrangements of letters, numbers and symbols. This was from Chrome, and the same issue persists in Edge. At first,...
  10. text not displaying properly, can`t change size either, fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    text not displaying properly, can`t change size either, fonts: Hi, New to Windows 10 and was fooling around with fonts (no ``save button`é - that`s supposed to be a question mark, not a French accent, maybe part of problem) - now all text (in programs and in browser¨) looks like a printer running out of ink. Have played with ClearText...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows text not displaying properly