Windows 10: The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.

Discus and support The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to use Task Scheduler to run a .vbs file with highest privileges at system startup. The following are my settings. The file is not run at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matthew Wai, Dec 9, 2016.

1. The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.

I need to use Task Scheduler to run a .vbs file with highest privileges at system startup.
    The following are my settings. The file is not run at system startup but can be run manually in Task Scheduler. Can anyone help?

The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually. [​IMG]

:)

Matthew Wai, Dec 9, 2016

2. Task Scheduler cannot run files at system startup. Is there a bug?

I already knew 'When I log on' worked before I asked this question.

So 'When the computer starts' is simply a bug and thus useless?

Matthew_Wai, Dec 9, 2016
  3. Task Scheduler cannot run files at system startup. Is there a bug?

Thank you for the response. To further troubleshoot, we recommend that you follow the steps provided from this article: Troubleshooting
    Task Scheduler

Keep us posted with the result.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.

Hello Mathew, *Smile

You might see if using cmd in the Program/script field instead may work better to run the .exe file for SpeedFan in the "Add arguments" field.

If that still doesn't help, then you could use the method in the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut of SpeedFan, and place that elevated shortcut in your Startup folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 9, 2016
  5. I have to run a .vbs file, which includes other codes besides those to run speedfan.exe.

Matthew Wai, Dec 9, 2016
  6. Matthew Wai, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.

1. The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually. - Similar Threads - file cannot run

2. Cannot Get Windows Security Manual Scan To Run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Get Windows Security Manual Scan To Run: From the Windows Security screen, I am trying to run a manual scan. No matter which option I try Quick Scan or Full Scan, nothing happens. Near the top of the screen it says "No current threats" - but I have always been able to manually run a scan in the past even though it...
  3. S mode - can not run the System File Checker

in Windows 10 Customization
    S mode - can not run the System File Checker: I'm trying to do a system checker but I get an error message saying the my computer has mode s and won't allow the app. what can I do get this system checker to run ?its for a job.*original title: mode S...
  4. Running System File Checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running System File Checker: I am using Feature Update 1909 updated from 1903 which was used for the original installation. When running system file checker (sfc /scannow), should the installation dvd for 1909 be in the DVD drive? 155316
  5. Scheduled job not running at system startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled job not running at system startup: I use a proprietary backup system which uses the task scheduler to kick off its scheduled backups. One of these is set to be started at system startup time, but it does not get run. A time-scheduled backup ran OK, though. So it looks as if something is broken on system...
  6. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....
  7. Cannot make a program to run at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  8. Cannot make a program to run at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  9. Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp: I have three programs in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Two of the programs start as expected but for some reason Speedfan does not. I see a number of entries in various forums about this, and a common suggestion is to use Task...
  10. Unable to run batch file at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to run batch file at startup: I am trying to run a batch file with these contents: Code: ECHO OFF TIMEOUT /T 2 /NOBREAK DisplaySwitch.exe /internal TIMEOUT /T 2 /NOBREAK DisplaySwitch.exe /external[/quote] I've tried putting a shortcut to it in the startup folder, putting the bat itself in the startup...