Windows 10: The majority of my photos are missing after Win 10 update. Where did they go? They were...

Discus and support The majority of my photos are missing after Win 10 update. Where did they go? They were... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have looked through much of the community posts and tried many of the things listed (as it appears others have had issues), none of which have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kquick51, May 25, 2019.

1. kquick51 Win User

The majority of my photos are missing after Win 10 update. Where did they go? They were...

I have looked through much of the community posts and tried many of the things listed (as it appears others have had issues), none of which have worked. I have tried

1. windows.old

2. Hidden files

3. One drive pictures

These are pictures of my granddaughter that I would place in the "priceless" category and they are gone! There are some pics but probably only a third of them. I also had internet pics used for PowerPoint presentations and they are all completely gone.

Help please!

Also could someone let me know if going back to a previous "system restore point" would bring them back.

:)

kquick51, May 25, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

The majority of my photos are missing after Win 10 update. Where did they go? They were... [​IMG]

Edwin, May 25, 2019
  3. Sunnyjay Win User
    Latest Win 10 "major" update took out Photo Gallery MSVCR110.dll missing WLXPhotoGallery.exe system error

Original title: Latest Win 10 "major" update took out Photo Gallery

After running the last "big" update for Windows 10, many programs are missing. I could not find MS Photo Gallery. I tried reinstalling Windows Essentials which supposedly contains Photo Gallery, but when I go to open, I get :" MSVCR110.dll missing

WLXPhotoGallery.exe system error.

Sunnyjay, May 25, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

The majority of my photos are missing after Win 10 update. Where did they go? They were...

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. The majority of my photos are missing after Win 10 update. Where did they go? They were... - Similar Threads - majority photos are

2. Where did my Bluetooth go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my Bluetooth go?: I dont have anything Bluetooth when I'm in my device manager at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-my-bluetooth-go/c73a03f7-6284-41b4-b5da-18c77484179e
  3. Where did my files go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did my files go?: I was in the process of moving some .package files to my mods folder cc for the Sims 4, and decided to take a shower while I waited for the files to transfer. When I came back, the pc was off, and my files disappeared. I looked everywhere for them. in folders, in different...
  4. Where did Thunderbird 'go' after MS update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did Thunderbird 'go' after MS update?: Thanks, Microsoft. My email client Thunderbird disappeared from my PC after your latest update. I want to restore it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-did-thunderbird-go-after-ms-update/882beb72-d8c7-4047-8605-b6115628b81c
  5. Where did my res go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my res go?: I updated my pc to find my res that I always use not there anymore submitted by /u/FoxGamzah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hraczj/where_did_my_res_go/
  6. MISSING BITLOCKER. WHERE DID IT GO TO?I

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MISSING BITLOCKER. WHERE DID IT GO TO?I: I'M MISSING MY BITLOCKER FROM MY LAPTOP. WHERE DID IT GO TO AND HOW? I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER AND NOT SOMEONE ELSES RESPONSES>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bitlocker-where-did-it-go-toi/f4d26071-62ea-413b-b278-3f130f3ce1de"
  7. MISSING BITLOCKER ON MY WINDOWS 10? WHERE DID IT GO TO?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MISSING BITLOCKER ON MY WINDOWS 10? WHERE DID IT GO TO?: I'M MISSING MY BITLOCKER ON MY WINDOWS 10? WHERE DID IT GO TO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bitlocker-on-my-windows-10-where-did-it-go/703af9b4-54f4-48c1-8a01-27d534b56617"
  8. Where Did My Sketchpad Go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Did My Sketchpad Go?: I ran the latest windows update on my surface and it seems that the Windows Ink Workspace is broken. I only have two options, and the sketchpad app that I use very often at work with coworkers/clients is gone. Do I need to restore and update again? Is this a known bug? Is the...
  9. Where did all my photos and documents go?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where did all my photos and documents go?: Yesterday when I shut my computer down everything was fine. Today I turned on my computer and all my photos and documents are gone ,and my display background has changed. Where did all my stuff go and how do I get it back? This is a little unsettling. Is my computer that...
  10. Where did my backgrounds go?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where did my backgrounds go?: For no apparent reason tonight my desktop wallpaper changed from a series of images that I have taken to a black screen. I opened the background settings to find a brand new layout staring at me. Digging through my C:\ drive I find no more trace of the backgrounds folder...