Windows 10: The Phantom PC killing bug (update

Discus and support The Phantom PC killing bug (update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The last time I posted here it was about a mysterious Bug that'd Kill my PC every week on Thursday / Friday Night. Two weeks ago. On that week I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheBiologicalMachine, May 8, 2020.

1. The Phantom PC killing bug (update

The last time I posted here it was about a mysterious Bug that'd Kill my PC every week on Thursday / Friday Night.

Two weeks ago.

On that week I Removed Sophos Home from my computer in order to see if it was that.

It was, for the most part.

The phantom Bug persist, But no longer Bluescreens my computer.

Every week, Like clockwork, Something Causes My Network Settings to go Wonk. This happened last week, which caused massive throttling issues in my PC until I ran this command line

" Netsh Int IP Reset "

This week, No internet problems occured ( Lucky me huh? )

BUT , When I ran the command ( just in case it was a Friday bug for me this time)

The Netsh Returned that the Reset ( Final line ) Failed.. " Access Denied "

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ip reset)

Resetting Compartment Forwarding, OK!

Resetting Compartment, OK!

Resetting Control Protocol, OK!

Resetting Echo Sequence Request, OK!

Resetting Global, OK!

Resetting Interface, OK!

Resetting Anycast Address, OK!

Resetting Multicast Address, OK!

Resetting Unicast Address, OK!

Resetting Neighbor, OK!

Resetting Path, OK!

Resetting Potential, OK!

Resetting Prefix Policy, OK!

Resetting Proxy Neighbor, OK!

Resetting Route, OK!

Resetting Site Prefix, OK!

Resetting Subinterface, OK!

Resetting Wakeup Pattern, OK!

Resetting Resolve Neighbor, OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , failed.

Access is denied.

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Resetting , OK!

Restart the computer to complete this action.

Does ANYONE know why this is happening ? What it means? or even How to fucking fix it ?

Windows support is Worse than useless. Every mundane problem gets the pre-programmed, asanine and pointless ' Reset windows 10 ' Response that means NOTHING to me

EDIT ONE . A video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3DpeeXLSDM ) Has revealed to me how to fix Netsh Not Working.

But why do I need to do this every week?

submitted by /u/TheBiologicalMachine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheBiologicalMachine, May 8, 2020
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, May 8, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Phantom Touch Issue

Hello John,

It is possible that a recent software change may have caused this phantom touch in your device, we suggest that you check the update history of your device to see if a recent installed update have caused the issue. Here's how to get to the update history
    of Windows 10:

• Click the Start button, then go to Settings
      > Update & security > Windows Update, then click
      Update History.

David Haz, May 8, 2020
  4. Eagle51 Win User

The Phantom PC killing bug (update

phantom homegroup

Hey ruggb,
    Give this a try ...
    1. Make sure all PC's have left the HomeGroup or are NOT joined to a HomeGroup
    2. Turn off ALL PC's
    3. Start the PC that originally had HomeGroup and now has the Phantom HomeGroup
    4. You should be able to create a new HomeGroup on that PC replacing the phantom HomeGroup. Print or write down new HomeGroup password.
    5. Start the other PCs and attempt to join HomeGroup with new password.

Note: Make sure you use the ORIGINAL PC that had the Phatom HomeGroup ! (step 3)
    Note: Once you have fixed the Phantom HomeGroup, you should be able to have all the PC's leave the HomeGroup, then create a new HomeGroup on the PC of your choice if you want.

Leave Homegroup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Eagle51, May 8, 2020
Thema:

The Phantom PC killing bug (update

1. The Phantom PC killing bug (update - Similar Threads - Phantom killing bug

2. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  3. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  4. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  5. Latest update killed my PC

Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  6. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  7. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows updates are killing my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates are killing my pc: Not only it takes forever it goes on a restart loop. I somehow found a way to reset it. This has been happening every time I update. I even turned off auto update but windows still forces the update somehow. submitted by /u/varman13 [link] [comments]...
  9. Updates kill NVIDIA

Updates kill NVIDIA: Every time Windows 10 updates, it kills my NVIDIA and I'm sick of it! This has been reported over and over but it happens every time. I have to do a reset and that's getting tiresome. Fix it!...
  10. Updates are Killing Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates are Killing Me: Just downloaded 1607 today and not another big update to 14393.187.I have not installed the other one yet and still at 1511.I I download another 1607 will it have current update,doing this a friends house because I have metered connection. 63592