Windows 10: The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer !

Discus and support The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I had to buy a new computer and I transfer ALL my pictures (over 15 000 !), but now, I can't see any of my pictures' thumbnails unless I open it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DannQC, Jul 20, 2019.

1. DannQC Win User

The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer !

Hi,

I had to buy a new computer and I transfer ALL my pictures (over 15 000 !), but now, I can't see any of my pictures' thumbnails unless I open it ... one by one !!

I tried several tricks and yes, I made sure the "show thumbnails not icon" box was uncheck. I even went in the Control Panel / System / Advanced System procedure to check the "Show Thumbnails" box. NOTHING works !

I sure don't want to open all of my documents one at the time !

I'm on a PC, using Windows 10 and Chrome

Thanks for your help !

:)

DannQC, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 20, 2019
  4. The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer !

MOV Thumbnails don't show

I can\t see any thumbnails for MOV files on my computer, I have Quicktime player installed and I have followed the below instructions posted by a mod in an earlier version of this question from another user. Neither of these things helped. Is there any other
    advice on how to make Windows 10 show a thumbnail of these files?

Quote from "Ferdz Amp":

"You can recreate thumbnail cache by using Command prompt. Kindly follow these steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Search for Command Prompt.
    3. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
    4. Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    5. Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter:

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db
    6. Type the following command to start File Explorer and press Enter:

start explorer.exe
    7. Close Command Prompt to complete the task.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you create a new user with administrator privileges and check if the issue is resolved. Refer to this support article for the steps on how to: Set
    up accounts

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the issue is
    specific to a corrupted user profile.

Let us know how it goes."

DerCribben, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer !

1. The thumbnails won't show in Windows 10 on a NEW computer ! - Similar Threads - thumbnails won't show

2. Thumbnails won't show up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails won't show up Windows 11: I am running up-to-date Windows 11 on a Samsung Galaxy BookAnything backed up to OneDrive has thumbnails, but since my OneDrive is full I can't back anything else up on it and Windows Explorer doesn't seem to be making any more thumbnails. I have tried pretty much everything...
  3. Thumbnails won't show up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails won't show up Windows 11: I am running up-to-date Windows 11 on a Samsung Galaxy BookAnything backed up to OneDrive has thumbnails, but since my OneDrive is full I can't back anything else up on it and Windows Explorer doesn't seem to be making any more thumbnails. I have tried pretty much everything...
  4. thumbnails not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    thumbnails not showing in windows 10: after a recent update, I have seen that picture thumbnails are not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-not-showing-in-windows-10/a3a6aaec-6a9c-469c-894c-c66be04cfbd0
  5. Windows 10 not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not showing thumbnails: I have had this problem on and off for some time. Windows 10 will not show thumbnails. It generates them and as you watch they turn back to icons. I have cleared the thumbnail cache including doing this via the CMD line to be sure. I have reset the options to default...
  6. Windows 10 new PC not showing CR2 thumbnails

Windows 10 new PC not showing CR2 thumbnails: I recently purchased a new PC. It does not display thumbnails for CR2 files at all but all other image files work normally. Checked all folder settings and they are correct. Tried to install Codec pack for 64 bit but it says not available for this version of Windows. I have...
  7. Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures: Hi Folks! I've been having problems seeing my Video Thumbnail Pictures, Some of my AVI and MPG or MPEG Files had the Thumbnail View, and some did not. I Googled for a solution, but nothing worked. I checked my settings, everything was set to view Thumbnails, I tried resetting...
  8. Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing

Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing: I have two identical versions of W10 running on two machines. On one I see thumbnails of my photographs. On the other I see the 'mountain image' I have compared the settings on the two - they are as far as I can see both the same - and spent about three hours with this...
  9. windows 10 thumbnails won't load

windows 10 thumbnails won't load: - UNCHECKED always load icons not thumbnails doesn't work - deleting Thumbnails data base doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-wont-load/80af5b58-0cc1-4fae-9b54-2daa040996c1
  10. Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos: Since the last update my windows 10 won't show the thumbnails. I tried to delete some of the photos and they won't delete either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-show-photo-thumbnails-or-delete/7ae425f5-00bd-4b35-a882-4e7189aeb4e8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 thumbnails dont show

2. windows 10 wont show thumbnails