Windows 10: The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

Discus and support The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rypz79, Oct 24, 2017.

1. rypz79 Win User

The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

Hi,

I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10.
    After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader
    I get a logon screen with the message:

The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen [​IMG]

When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login.
    How can I disable this annoying message ?

Thanks
    Roey

:)

rypz79, Oct 24, 2017

2. CANNOT LOG IN TO WINDOWS 10

I have windows 10 on a laptop

Issues are as follows

When the logon screen appears I logon as previously and I am met with the user name or password is incorrect

Also I note that there is no internet connection.

Have tried the onscreen keyboard, and tried to reboot using f8 but no success

PeterArnheim, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Rich431 Win User
    the user name or password is incorrect. try again

Suggestion does not fix password issue. I dont use the Windows account to log on. I have a local PC password only.

Rich431, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Roey.. *Smile

It sounds like you have set up netplwiz to automatically sign in to your account at startup. This issue usually happens if either the password was entered incorrectly while setting up netplwiz, or you changed your password and didn't update netplwiz. It seems like you changed your password though since both PCs are affected.

You can setup netplwiz again on both PCs to update the password to have it automatically sign you at startup again. Another option is to check the box, to no longer be signed in automatically at startup.

*Arrow Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Oct 24, 2017
  5. rypz79 Win User
    Hello Brink *Smile

I don't have 2 PCs, only one with dual boot (using Linux's GRUB).
    I didn't change my password or re-installed Windows. Just installed Ubuntu side by side it (dual boot).
    I have a Microsoft account and I don't want neither tho change the password nor to automatically sign in windows
    (un-checking Users must enter a user name and password.... ).

It seems that there is an inconsistency with this problem , some times it appears and sometimes not.

Thank you again
    Roey

rypz79, Oct 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen - Similar Threads - user name password

2. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  3. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  4. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Type User Name and Password each Logon - W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type User Name and Password each Logon - W10: Hail!I want to set my Windows 10, to do the same as Windows Server 2022 does. Each time I will logon to Windows Server, it asks my User Name and Password. I tried to enable the "DontDisplayLastUserName" on regedit, but it doesn't works. My last user keeps conected, asking...
  6. Type User Name and Password each Logon - W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Type User Name and Password each Logon - W10: Hail!I want to set my Windows 10, to do the same as Windows Server 2022 does. Each time I will logon to Windows Server, it asks my User Name and Password. I tried to enable the "DontDisplayLastUserName" on regedit, but it doesn't works. My last user keeps conected, asking...
  7. Type User Name and Password each Logon - W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Change logon screen user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change logon screen user name: My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All OK now except that the user name is Huawei instead of my name. I would like to correct this. Presume that it needs editing of...
  9. Incorrect User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect User Name: I am the sole user of my PC and so I set it up to by-pass the password entry screen and boot straight into the start screen. Two weeks ago I started to receive an error message on start up. The message tells me that the username or password is incorrect, try again. When...
  10. 'incorrect user name and password'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'incorrect user name and password': I am a beginner with windows 10. When I log in I now get 'incorrect user name and password' and I see I have now got two User Accounts in my own name. How do I get rid of the wrong one? (I'm sure this has been asked many times but I couldn't find it in FAQs). Since it...