Windows 10: Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account

Discus and support Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account How to Add or Remove Trusted Devices Associated with your Microsoft Account When you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account

How to: Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account

How to Add or Remove Trusted Devices Associated with your Microsoft Account

When you try to view or edit sensitive info related to your Microsoft accountlike your credit card detailsMicrosoft might ask you for a security code first, to make sure that only you can get in to your account. But you can designate a PC as a trusted device. On trusted devices, you don't need to enter a security code each time you try to access sensitive info.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove PCs that you sign in to with your Microsoft account as trusted devices.

*note You do not want to add a public PC (ex: library PC) as a trusted device associated with your Microsoft account. You would only want to add a personal PC that you trust to be safe instead.

If you add a Microsoft account as a new user on a PC, then that user will need to verify their identity if they want to add the PC as a trusted device associated with their Microsoft account.

If you remove all trusted devices associated with your Microsoft account, then you will need to verify your identity on each PC that you want to add again as a trusted device associated with your Microsoft account.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: How to Add a PC as a Trusted Device Associated with your Microsoft Account in Settings
    • Option Two: How to Add a PC as a Trusted Device Associated with your Microsoft Account Online
    • Option Three: How to Remove All Trusted Devices Associated with your Microsoft Account

OPTION ONE [/i] How to Add a PC as a Trusted Device Associated with your Microsoft Account in Settings

*note This option is for when you sign in to a Windows 10 PC with your Microsoft account, and would like to add the PC as a trusted device.
    1. Sign in with your Microsoft account to a Windows 10 PC that you want to add as a trusted device.

2. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

3. Click/tap on Your info on the left side, and click/tap on the Verify link on the right side at the top. (see screenshot below)

*note If you do not see the Verify link, then the PC has already been added as a trusted device associated with your Microsoft account.

Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account [​IMG]

4. If prompted, enter the password for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

5. Select how you would like to get your security code for verification, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

6. Enter the code you received, and click/tap on Submit. (see screenshot below)

7 The PC has now been added a trusted device associated with your Microsoft account. Notice how you no longer have a Verify link like in step3 above. (see screenshot below)

8. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] How to Add a PC as a Trusted Device Associated with your Microsoft Account Online

*note This option is for when you do not sign in to a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 PC with your Microsoft account, but do sign in to Microsoft services online with your Microsoft account on a PC that you would like to add as a trusted device.
    1. Sign in to a website for a Microsoft service, such as Sign in to your Microsoft account, Sign in to OneDrive, Sign in to Outlook, or etc..., with your Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

2. Select how you would like to get your security code for verification, enter the required information, and click/tap on Send code. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter the code you received, check the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. box, and click/tap on Submit. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] How to Remove All Trusted Devices Associated with your Microsoft Account
    1. Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in with your Microsoft account if not already.

2. Click/tap on the Security tab, and click/tap on the More security options link at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

3. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 7, 2016

2. Trust Device

Hi Joanne,

Adding your device to your Microsoft account trusted list is easy. Just follow the steps on this
    link and you're good to go.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gemzon Mar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cannot remove device from my account

Hello Zanardi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Remove Trusted Devices for your Microsoft Account in More security settings.

1. Switch back to local account and remove all trusted devices (in More security settings).

2. check if you are offline from the Windows store app

3. return to device list (Microsoft account site) and check if the problem is solved.

4. switch your local account into a Microsoft account and trust this pc using phone, sms or email.

5. Use Windows Store to download a free game (just to test) and return one more time to device list and check if the problem is solved.

For more information you may refer to the below mentioned Microsoft article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-trusted-device

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account

Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Surface Pro4 trusted devices

Hello James,

Have you already synced this My Book1140 with his Microsoft Account?

Suggest you to login to your Microsoft Account and check whether this My Book1140 is listed as a trusted device. If you have already added this as a trusted device in Microsoft Account then it will get automatically synced if you use the same Microsoft account
    in some other devices.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account

1. Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Add Remove Trusted

2. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  3. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  4. Add a trusted device to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a trusted device to Microsoft Account Windows 10: I run Windows 10 on a Dell PC and a Microsoft Surface Book. I want to add the Microsoft Surface Book as a trusted device. Here are the instructions I found: Add a trusted device to your Microsoft account On the device you want to trust, go to the Security settings page [and...
  5. Add a trusted device to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a trusted device to Microsoft Account Windows 10: I run Windows 10 on a Dell PC and a Microsoft Surface Book. I want to add the Microsoft Surface Book as a trusted device. Here are the instructions I found: Add a trusted device to your Microsoft account On the device you want to trust, go to the Security settings page [and...
  6. Add a trusted device to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: i mistakenly deleted my second laptop from my microsft account and now I cant add it as a device when i follow the links and instructions it only allows you to add a microsoft device and not a device running m=windows 10, even though it was there before i mistakenly deleted...
  8. Add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add device to Microsoft account: I want to add my device laptop with windows 10 to my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-microsoft-account/045524a8-ae8c-4f2a-ad70-bd56c6194b60
  9. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: Trying to assign my son's Sony VAIO laptop to his Microsoft account, but the laptop device doesn't show up. I have logged him off, signed back in, downloaded an app from the app store and renamed the computer to no avail. Please help! This is getting very frustrating....
  10. Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases How to Add or Remove Aliases for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add a trusted device to your microsoft account