Windows 10: Things are resetting anything I try to edit (Things that I make or delete reset themselves...

Discus and support Things are resetting anything I try to edit (Things that I make or delete reset themselves... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok. First I got the "Blue screen of death" while turning on a game and google chrome at the same time (MEMORY_OVERLOAD). Second, I left a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IAmBadAtComputers, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Things are resetting anything I try to edit (Things that I make or delete reset themselves...

Ok. First I got the "Blue screen of death" while turning on a game and google chrome at the same time (MEMORY_OVERLOAD). Second, I left a different game run while I was doing something, another blue screen of death I assume, as when I came back, I was at the lock screen and once signed in, no apps were running. I tried to uninstall Discord as it was getting annoying, 1 day later, I turned on my PC and here we are. I tried E V E R Y T H I N G to uninstall it, I made a test document while I was at it, it deleted itself after a restart. This is a BRAND NEW PC WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. I am actually on the verge of rage and tears as this is 500$ down the drain. Please help, If you need more info I will give it to you.

:)

IAmBadAtComputers, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Atnevon Win User

Reseting Firefox

ok. I tfound a different way on google.

Type "about:config" in the url bar, and a big long list comes up. I can then reset individual things that way.

Hopefully that will work, but for reference, the safe mode is still confusing me. How do I start the safe mode exactly?

Atnevon, Oct 31, 2018
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Things are resetting anything I try to edit (Things that I make or delete reset themselves...

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Thema:

Things are resetting anything I try to edit (Things that I make or delete reset themselves...

1. Things are resetting anything I try to edit (Things that I make or delete reset themselves... - Similar Threads - Things are resetting

2. why can't i delete thing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can't i delete thing: i'm trying to delete th thing but trust instaler won't let me why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-delete-thing/c765fb7f-74be-43c6-b543-a2dfaa863298
  3. Factory reset stuck on getting things ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset stuck on getting things ready: I've started a factory reset on my laptop. It's been like an hour and it's still stuck on the Getting things ready screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-stuck-on-getting-things-ready/5627fc9f-ec19-452a-b6d4-e22185521cc0
  4. Make things easy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make things easy: Spending a good chunk of your life using Start is way overrated; make the always-at-your-fingertips taskbar your focus... Tip #927: Pin Settings and This PC icons to the taskbar and make use of the Applications window Jumplist. [ATTACH] AND [ATTACH] -->[ATTACH] Cheers, Drew...
  5. Random things deleted and settings reset everytime I restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random things deleted and settings reset everytime I restart: I don't really know how to put my problem into few words so sorry the titel doesnt really make sense but ill try to explain. So basically, everything was fine. I went to bed and the next day when I started my computer, there was an update. Fine, i said. Not exactly new. So I...
  6. Dumb windows update, reset thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb windows update, reset thing: So today when i signed in to my pc, it said some message when it was loading, and poof! shit was fucked. my wallpaper changed to the disgusting windows wallpaper, many of my files, folders and apps were gone. my apps were set to default and i can only open my photo type files...
  7. Reset PC ( getting things ready )

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC ( getting things ready ): So I've been trying to reset my pc 3 times now and they all failed for some reason the third try it's taking a bit longer getting things ready. Do I just shut down and turn it back in again?....
  8. I can't delete these things.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete these things.: please can someone help me delete these things? it keeps saying they are in a place they aren't and just won't delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-these-things/8c27618c-d44b-411e-a427-c96e820cb57c"
  9. I can't make shortcuts for some things

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't make shortcuts for some things: I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix this? Thank you 114567
  10. Folders Resetting Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Resetting Themselves: This just started happening and since a reboot didn't fix it I'm stumped as to what is going on. When I have a folder open with enough files listed that I have to scroll through the list, every now and then, even though I'm still using the list, the folder resets itself to...