Windows 10: "This PC" doesn't work

Discus and support "This PC" doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm brand new to Win 10 and I find a number of things that don't seem to work. I need to look at lots of files to organize my PC under Win 10. To do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John D, Mar 2, 2016.

1. John D Win User

"This PC" doesn't work

I'm brand new to Win 10 and I find a number of things that don't seem to work.
    I need to look at lots of files to organize my PC under Win 10.
    To do so, I have to be able to look at lots of places.
    When I first started there was an icon called "This PC" which gave me access to what I needed.
    Now it has disappeared. *Sad
    How do I get it back?

:)

John D, Mar 2, 2016

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Mar 2, 2016
  3. okinawa---01, Mar 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

"This PC" doesn't work

Brink, Mar 2, 2016
  5. John D Win User
    Hey Brink, I can't even find the MS Paint program to create a screen shot. Boy do I hate Win 10!

John D, Mar 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You can also press Win+R to open Run, type mspaint, and click/tap OK to open Paint. *Smile

Brink, Mar 2, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Run snipping tool to grab a screen image under Windows Accessories in Start menu.

cereberus, Mar 2, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

"This PC" doesn't work

I have found the easiest way to find programs is just to click on the Start icon and start typing. Click on the start icon, don't do anything else, just type snip. Snipping tool will be the top of the list, as soon as it appears, hit enter.

Click on the Start icon, don't do anything else, just type mspaint. When it appear at the top of the list, just hit enter.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2016
  9. cflusflwfl, Mar 2, 2016
  10. sml156 Win User
    Windows 10 does not have that option unless you are using a third party start menu

The easy way to search is either click on the Cortana Icon beside the start menu or press the Windows key + S

sml156, Mar 2, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    And you would be very mistaken.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2016
  12. AndreyT Win User
    There are at least three places in Windows 10 that include "This PC" icon: desktop, File Explorer, "Windows System" folder in Start Menu. What place are you talking about? Where did it disappear from? One of them, all of them, somewhere else?

AndreyT, Mar 3, 2016
  13. Wynona Win User

"This PC" doesn't work

Beggin' yer puddin', sir, but I just clicked on the Start Icon and typed Fire for Firefox and up popped Mozilla Firefox! Can't get better than that and I didn't even use third party start menus in Windows 8.1. Doesn't like 'em. Typed paint (without ms) and up jumped paint; typed msp and up jumped paint.

Cortana!?!? Ain't no way, Jose! Not no way, no how!

Wynona, Mar 3, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    As I stated, sml156 was mistaken.

NavyLCDR, Mar 3, 2016
  15. sml156 Win User
    *Sleepy I tried it yesterday and it didn't work I tried it today and it worked, I am going to blame Canadian beer. Does anyone know an emoticon for hanging your head in shame.

sml156, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

"This PC" doesn't work

1. "This PC" doesn't work - Similar Threads - doesn't

2. So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...: So basically it's the install bug and my dad bring my laptop to repair for low disk and deleted all of the memory of SSD, also no back up for me then, the Install so hard like i can't even play roblox in 2 Hours for just a bug. Tried every way solution and i don't think that...
  3. So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I got a bug from install roblox, i tried all of the way to do and it seem doesn't work...: So basically it's the install bug and my dad bring my laptop to repair for low disk and deleted all of the memory of SSD, also no back up for me then, the Install so hard like i can't even play roblox in 2 Hours for just a bug. Tried every way solution and i don't think that...
  4. My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...: My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please assist i need to do a proctored exam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-doesnt-show-front-view-and-the-are-no/5a6d73ea-2d78-4179-afb7-360cdf1eaaec
  5. My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...

My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please...: My camera doesn't show front view, and the are no settings available to change it please assist i need to do a proctored exam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-doesnt-show-front-view-and-the-are-no/5a6d73ea-2d78-4179-afb7-360cdf1eaaec
  6. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  7. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  8. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work: I have trouble with my EPSON WF 7515 to print A3 with Driver from EPSON Website and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit. Checked several bugfixes from the forum but the printer menue allows only an A4 selection when I select a document size of A3 the printsize gives not drop daown...
  10. A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work

A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work: I have trouble with my EPSON WF 7515 to print A3 with Driver from EPSON Website and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit. Checked several bugfixes from the forum but the printer menue allows only an A4 selection when I select a document size of A3 the printsize gives not drop daown...