Windows 10: 'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive.

Discus and support 'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open file explorer, in the 'This PC' tab there is downloads, documents, videos, etc... All of them have the locationC:\Users\<my name>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fudz, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Fudz Win User

'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive.

When I open file explorer, in the 'This PC' tab there is downloads, documents, videos, etc...

All of them have the locationC:\Users\<my name>

However with pictures it is C:\Users\<my name>\OneDrive

In order to find my real pictures folder I have to go to Windows C > users > <my name> > pictures

I would like the pictures tab to go directly to that folder instead of the one drive one, I have tried changing the location on the properties page but it keeps coming up with an error.

Thanks.

:)

Fudz, Jul 4, 2017

2. Windows media player automatically shares OneDrive pictures folder on network

HI,

Thanks but this is not the problem I have (onedrive folder sharing). The problem is the Windows Media Player is linking to my OneDrive pictures folder and availing all the content (13 GB of back up pictures from PC and my mobile) on my home network which
    can be accessed by anyone connecting to the my home network. Despite going to WMP and deleting the Onedrive folder from the shared folders list (right click on pictures/Manage Pictures Libraries and then remove OneDrive pictures folder) the dang WMP still
    reconnects and addes Onedrive folder back to the list of libraries to be shared !

this is frustrating because first, WMP should not automatically connects by default to Onedrive without specifically requesting it the first place, then when I delete it form the list, it should not reconnect to it.

MishalAlharbi, Jul 4, 2017
  3. How to change destination of the Documents system folder?

In the Notifications area at the bottom of your Windows screen, right-click the OneDrive icon and click Settings. You might have to click Show hidden icons to find OneDrive.

In the Settings box, on the Auto save tab, under Documents and Pictures, click the list at Documents or Pictures and pick the default save location you want.

This PC only - When you create a file, the Documents or Pictures folder under This PC is the first-choice location offered to save it. The file is not saved to OneDrive unless you do so separately, and it is available only on the PC you used to save it.

OneDrive - When you create a file, the first location offered is within the Documents or Pictures folder under OneDrive. Because these folders sync to your PC, files you save there are available on your PC, even when it's not connected to the Internet. And
    you can use any device with an Internet connection to access your files.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 4, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 4, 2017
Thema:

1. 'This PC' pictures folder is connected to OneDrive. - Similar Threads - 'This PC' pictures

2. OneDrive "Photos" don't sync to "Picture" folder on the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Photos" don't sync to "Picture" folder on the PC: It seems that OneDrive has a new feature called photos.onedrive.com where photos from my iphone are uploaded via the OneDrive Apps. On Windows 11 How do I get to these photos on my PC through File Explorer? I don't want to use the Photos apps and I don't want to use the Web...
  3. OneDrive "Photos" don't sync to "Picture" folder on the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive "Photos" don't sync to "Picture" folder on the PC: It seems that OneDrive has a new feature called photos.onedrive.com where photos from my iphone are uploaded via the OneDrive Apps. On Windows 11 How do I get to these photos on my PC through File Explorer? I don't want to use the Photos apps and I don't want to use the Web...
  4. OneDrive Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Pictures Folder: How do I get rid of the OneDrive Pictures Folder that shows under This PC in File Explorer. I have unlinked OneDrive. I have no OneDrive Cloud Icon, I have no other OneDrive Folders that show up anywhere. OneDrive itself is not on my computer, yet the Picture Folder linked to...
  5. Pictures Folder and OneDrive

Pictures Folder and OneDrive: I have an account on my PC - when I linked OneDrive - it redirected the default pictures folder to the OneDrive folder - which I do not want. So I unlinked OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder on my desktop. Now all I want is my Pictures folder in my User Folder. Why is...
  6. onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...

onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...: I have been trying to get help with this problem for 3 weeks now. All of a sudden, when I use my sd card to download pictures, onedrive puts them in onedrive as usual but when it puts them in "pictures" it lists them as separate pictures. It will not put them in a folder...
  7. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive: Hello there, I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I...
  8. In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...: In order for me to access my local pictures, I have to go to local disk > users > pictures. Why is that? Why can't my pictures folder under "this pc" be my local photos? Instead, it's the onedrive pictures....
  9. OneDrive and my pictures folder

OneDrive and my pictures folder: Hi group, I've been using OneDrive on my laptop and my desktop for many years. Recently I noticed that all my pictures are stored on OneDrive, but not my laptop. I don't recall changing anything except entering the Samsung Promo code on OneDrive. The Samsung promo code was...
  10. Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders: Hello. I am new to the forums and I just bought a brand new Lenovo G51 laptop less than a week ago. It is a nice computer and the only problem I have with it is that when I signed in to OneDrive it shows under "This PC" the Documents, Pictures folders from OneDrive instead of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures system folder is linked with onedrive