Windows 10: Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Discus and support Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Buluthan, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Buluthan Win User

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored."

I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make is allow ı am so confused about it what should ı do? Is pressing allow do something to my computer.Affected file was in the recycle bin but if a search it in my computer ı still see it and restore it.What should ı do and is the threat still in my computer waiting for your answers...

:)

Buluthan, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. Windows Defender Doesnt Remove threats.

Can you give us what is/was the fully qualified name and
    path
    to the file deemed to be a virus/trojan ?

It will be a lot easier to help you remove it once we know what it is and
    where its saved into, as it appears under quarantine or on the list of detected items

`~`

I suggest you to use Windows Defender Offline in Safe mode and remove the virus and check if the issue is resolved.

Windows Defender Offline is a stand-alone tool that comes preloaded with the latest antimalware updates. It works outside of Windows, which means it can catch and clean infections that hide themselves when Windows is running.

• Go to another PC that isn’t infected and download Windows Defender Offline.

• Insert a blank USB flash drive or CD into the PC, and then run the Windows Defender Offline file that you just downloaded.

• You will be prompted to install Windows Defender Offline to the blank USB flash drive or CD.

• After you’ve installed Windows Defender Offline onto the USB flash drive or CD, insert it into your infected PC and
      restart in
      Safe Mode
      . You will be prompted to start the Windows Defender Offline tool.

The following articles may help if you're having trouble getting the tool to work:

After you've used Windows Defender Offline, you should make sure your security software is up to date and run a full scan:

Even if we've already detected and removed this particular threat, running a full scan might find other malware that is hiding on your PC.

Please post to us if the virus issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

-=-

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

1. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ? - Similar Threads - Threat Detection Defender

2. Windows Defender: Threat Removed or Restored

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender: Threat Removed or Restored: About a week or two ago, Windows Defender detected a virus called "Trojan:Win32/Woreflint.A!cl" Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker. The virus I'm pretty sure was quarantined but I got a notification of some sort of Windows Defender...
  3. Windows defender threat restored or removed

Windows defender threat restored or removed: so i accidentaly restored and now im worried will the file infect my pc please respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat-restored-or-removed/a7a6918a-ff73-4426-babe-a02f3a0af00b
  4. Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow

Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow: Hello, i plugged in my usb to the pc and windowds definder detected virus so i removed it immeditly after ejecting it so roughly 3 min. then it says the virus is quarantined so i cliked on action and choose: remove but the status became: remove or restored “ i...
  5. Detecting threats but not removing

Detecting threats but not removing: Hello. For last couple weeks, Windows defender in my Windows 10 pc has been running constantly consuming significant CPU> 50%, Memory and power. When I ran fill scan it found 300+ threats but when i start action to remove it doesn't do anything, just keep running. When I...
  6. Threat Detection Removed or Restored

Threat Detection Removed or Restored: My Windows defender scan reported a threat and i dont know if it is deleted or not. Im not shure if i need to press allow in the Actions box. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threat-detection-removed-or-restored/5b6b384e-3b6a-4269-8d99-df90c5e08c50
  7. Threat Detection Removed or Restored and Allow

Threat Detection Removed or Restored and Allow: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS Then from actions ı select remove it.Now it shows removed.But ı can still see it on windows defender past and its status is removed. Does it mean ı am safe now and the file that makes...
  8. Threat Detection Removed or Restored

Threat Detection Removed or Restored: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS Then from actions ı select remove it.Now it shows removed.But ı can still see it on windows defender past and its status is removed. Does it mean ı am safe now and the file that makes...
  9. Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove

Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove: Hi community, My windows defender just found a threat in my com: Threat detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml Alert Level: Medium Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior Affected items: file:...
  10. Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored): Hey, My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. Am I correct? This...