Windows 10: threats on the computer

Discus and support threats on the computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; someone threatened me with physical violence on facebook. Is there something I should do about it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kimmariewiskup, Jun 19, 2019.

1. threats on the computer

someone threatened me with physical violence on facebook. Is there something I should do about it?

:)

Kimmariewiskup, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

threats on the computer

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

threats on the computer

1. threats on the computer - Similar Threads - threats computer

2. What would be the big threats to our computer and business if we stop Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would be the big threats to our computer and business if we stop Windows Update?: As we know Windows update is very important, if we don't update then we will have these kinds of problems like, .NET Framework problem, security, performance, non-compliance etc. Just in case or if anyhow, if we do not give Windows update then we could have the most impact on...
  3. What would be the big threats to our computer and business if we stop Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would be the big threats to our computer and business if we stop Windows Update?: As we know Windows update is very important, if we don't update then we will have these kinds of problems like, .NET Framework problem, security, performance, non-compliance etc. Just in case or if anyhow, if we do not give Windows update then we could have the most impact on...
  4. I don't have a virus or threat protection program on my computer anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a virus or threat protection program on my computer anymore.: I downloaded something yesterday that I thought was innocent but after unzipping and executing it it seems to have deleted windows defender off my computer completely. I have been scouring the internet in hopes to find an answer to my problem. I had the anti virus that comes...
  5. I don't have a virus or threat protection program on my computer anymore.

I don't have a virus or threat protection program on my computer anymore.: I downloaded something yesterday that I thought was innocent but after unzipping and executing it it seems to have deleted windows defender off my computer completely. I have been scouring the internet in hopes to find an answer to my problem. I had the anti virus that comes...
  6. I don't have a virus or threat protection program on my computer anymore.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. When trying to turn off my virus and threat protection, my computer tells me “this setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to turn off my virus and threat protection, my computer tells me “this setting...: My virus and threat protection is being weird. When trying to turn it off, it says this setting is managed by your administrator how do I get rid of this or stop it from happening...
  8. When trying to turn off my virus and threat protection, my computer tells me “this setting...

When trying to turn off my virus and threat protection, my computer tells me “this setting...: My virus and threat protection is being weird. When trying to turn it off, it says this setting is managed by your administrator how do I get rid of this or stop it from happening...
  9. Why does my computer keep on finding a threat, but it's not appearing in protection history?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does my computer keep on finding a threat, but it's not appearing in protection history?: I've done a few quick scans again and again but it keeps on saying "Threat Found, Action Taken". Although it says that, the threat doesn't show up in the protection history. This keeps on popping up every time I scan...
  10. Why does my computer keep on finding a threat, but it's not appearing in protection history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep on finding a threat, but it's not appearing in protection history?: I've done a few quick scans again and again but it keeps on saying "Threat Found, Action Taken". Although it says that, the threat doesn't show up in the protection history. This keeps on popping up every time I scan...