Windows 10: Throwing in the towel USB

Discus and support Throwing in the towel USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; did a search first but to no avail. My problem is I can create a bootable USB, but it is not recognized when booting PC. Updated mobo drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by delamite, Sep 28, 2016.

1. delamite Win User

Throwing in the towel USB

did a search first but to no avail.

My problem is I can create a bootable USB, but it is not recognized when booting PC.

Updated mobo drivers from MFR's website.
    Did not update the BIOS.
    Not running in ACHI mode.
    PET set to 64-bit to match OS.
    Tried all USB ports 2.0 and 3.0.

Any help appreciated. I'm sure this is no big deal. At boot I can choose the boot option but USB is not recognized.

SPECS:
    Desktop
    W10 x 64-bit
    EVGA FTW3 mobo
    Sandy bridge I7 system

:)

delamite, Sep 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 2017-06 cumulative update - Now PC is locked in Airplane Mode

I'm throwing in the towel here. Good luck!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 28, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Mapping a new drive not appearing

Rebuild that PC. You’ve put to much time into it. Sometimes it’s best to throw the towel in and start fresh.

SarahKong, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

How did you make the USB-Bootable?
    Did you try the native Windows Recovery Drive?
    Did you Disable "Secure Boot" in BIOS (if have the option)?

Adalwar, Sep 28, 2016
  5. delamite Win User
    used LiLi or universal boot maker to make boot. And disabled "secure boot" also.

delamite, Sep 28, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 28, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    I do not know what for you need the USB Boot.
    I will never understand why people are searching around the World for the most exquisite solutions when, "on board" they have the tools they need, professional, secure and proof working solutions.
    Try the Windows Native Boot USB. You have aslo a Command Prompt from there.
    Control Panel>File History>Recovery>Create a Rescue Drive.

Adalwar, Sep 28, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

- when your PC won't boot. It happens.

- when your hard drive has failed. It happens.

- for partition management when you can't do that from within Windows.

Just some scenarios...

dalchina, Sep 28, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    That are only 3 possibilities, but there are many more. So, lets no speculate, just wait and see what is the very "special" reason he/she needs to go to other solution.

Adalwar, Sep 28, 2016
  10. delamite Win User
    no-no,
    everything is fine with my PC. I want to boot from a USB only to play with distro's. And my bios is set correctly in boot order for this-
    removable (enabled), CD, then HD. I do not want to dual-boot, as I may not want to keep another OP along side W10.

no matter what, boot up does not see the USB created.

delamite, Sep 28, 2016
  11. Adalwar Win User
    You can not FORCE a Machine to do what you wish.
    for the 3rd time, please try the Windows Recovery USB .
    If you insist in LiLuNix , probably the best is asking there the freaks may help you further.

Adalwar, Sep 28, 2016
  12. Berton Win User
    That appears to be based upon a version Linux and I'm reasonably sure that those of us who use a version Linux, for whatever purpose, would be greatly insulted by the comment. So should Microsoft as it's starting to use something from the Linux world.

Berton, Sep 28, 2016
  13. RolandJS Win User

Hey. I resemble that! -- Roland Dangerfield

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Throwing in the towel USB - Similar Threads - Throwing towel USB

2. Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.: I need to vent.Seriously Windows 11 is just rubbish. Take me back to a modern Windows 7 and I will be happy. Not everyone is a tech head Microsoft. Here is my suggestion, Microsoft should make two versions of their Windows O/S, one for tech heads and one for the rest of us...
  3. Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you think Microsoft should throw the towel in with their O/S upgrades.: I need to vent.Seriously Windows 11 is just rubbish. Take me back to a modern Windows 7 and I will be happy. Not everyone is a tech head Microsoft. Here is my suggestion, Microsoft should make two versions of their Windows O/S, one for tech heads and one for the rest of us...
  4. BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error: Hello, just yesterday I started getting BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOATION error, and it was the same day that my apartment got the wifi upgraded, so it may be in relation to that. I've tried updating my ssd drivers, my wifi adapter drivers, my graphics drivers, and I...
  5. BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error: Hello, just yesterday I started getting BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOATION error, and it was the same day that my apartment got the wifi upgraded, so it may be in relation to that. I've tried updating my ssd drivers, my wifi adapter drivers, my graphics drivers, and I...
  6. Why is Windows throwing bogus USB errors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows throwing bogus USB errors?: I have a freshly formatted Optiplex 9010 with 21H1 and it keeps telling me some non-existent USB device has malfunctioned. This occurs even with the USB keyboard/mouse disconnected! I found some entries in the device manager and disabled them. Still every so often, Windows...
  7. Booting from USB throws 0xF error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting from USB throws 0xF error: Hi, I recently wanted to boot from a USB drive on my Windows 10 PC, but when I try to boot from it in my UEFI, a black screen appears telling me to remove media, then press a key. When I do so, it continues to boot Windows 10 from the hard drive. I have searched online for...
  8. Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error: Hi, When I am trying to get result from powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" it is throwing below error: [ATTACH] I have checked the WinDefend service it is in started status. Checked event logs it is showing caused due to unknown error. OS edition : Windows 7...
  9. USB Drive Caddy Throws Error During System Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive Caddy Throws Error During System Shutdown/Restart: Hey people! I've got an otherwise great dual SATA drive caddy, USB 3, made by ThermalTake, labeled SuperSpeed. It works just fine to let me use a single USB 3.0 cable to attach 1 or 2 drives to my system. My problem is that when I restart or shut down, the system comes back...
  10. Well, I threw in the towel . . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Well, I threw in the towel . . . .: After sending 4 days of troubleshooting, making edits in the registry, and reading and posting at this wonderful site, I finally decided to install a fresh copy of Win10. I purchased this PC at MicroCenter back in Oct and it was preloaded with 10 Pro. I'm going to be very...