Windows 10: Thumbnails no longer displaying

Discus and support Thumbnails no longer displaying in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings. I have tried both solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheWings, Nov 21, 2015.

1. TheWings Win User

Thumbnails no longer displaying

I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings.

I have tried both solutions here multiple times and restarted. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows

Thumbnails no longer displaying [​IMG]

:)

TheWings, Nov 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 mobile thumbnails not showing

Thumbnails and album art are showing in Windoes 10 mobile.

Groove music does not show album art and File Explorer no longer displays thumbnails. This happened when I changed regions on my phone

SiphosenkosiNdhlovu, Nov 21, 2015
  3. picture display

Pictures that used to display can no longer be displayed. All my pictures, no matter in which file they are stored, I can see as thumbnails. When I click on a thumbnail, however, the picture does not get displayed. Instead I get an error message that it
    is not categorized. What does this mean and what can I do to display my pictures again?

Thank you for your help.

EloisaTinio, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Thumbnails no longer displaying - Similar Threads - Thumbnails longer displaying

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed: I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows Explorer is deactivated. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/-Skybird-...
  4. Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work: I applied Windows Update to my system to bring it to Version 10.0.18362.959. Immediately after, I noticed that Microsoft rudely reset my file associations again for image files to put it back to its newer image app Photos when I keep wanting "Windows Photo Viewer" because I...
  5. Why are thumbnails no longer visible?

Why are thumbnails no longer visible?: Why are thumbnails no longer visible? I have already checked to make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is selected in visual effects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-thumbnails-no-longer-visible/1539ed23-abca-433f-8100-18301cc6116b
  6. Display File Thumbnails

Display File Thumbnails: Would someone tell me the simplest way to display thumbnails for video files on my computer, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-file-thumbnails/fd268c77-a087-43d3-b60b-e846d8253dd6"
  7. Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer

Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer: Thumbnails on my new laptop running Win10 are not displaying in Explorer or editing software. They show briefly after a folder opens and when I use the slider, they show for a split second as the mouse scrolls down. Otherwise only an icon shows....
  8. Thumbnail display

Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  9. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  10. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...