Windows 10: Thumbnails no longer displaying

Discus and support Thumbnails no longer displaying in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings. I have tried both solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheWings, Nov 21, 2015.

1. TheWings Win User

Thumbnails no longer displaying

I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings.

I have tried both solutions here multiple times and restarted. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows

Thumbnails no longer displaying [​IMG]

:)

TheWings, Nov 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 mobile thumbnails not showing

Thumbnails and album art are showing in Windoes 10 mobile.

Groove music does not show album art and File Explorer no longer displays thumbnails. This happened when I changed regions on my phone

SiphosenkosiNdhlovu, Nov 21, 2015
  3. picture display

Pictures that used to display can no longer be displayed. All my pictures, no matter in which file they are stored, I can see as thumbnails. When I click on a thumbnail, however, the picture does not get displayed. Instead I get an error message that it
    is not categorized. What does this mean and what can I do to display my pictures again?

Thank you for your help.

EloisaTinio, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Thumbnails no longer displaying - Similar Threads - Thumbnails longer displaying

2. video and photo thumbnail not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video and photo thumbnail not displaying: I can open photos and videos but it doesn't display the image/video on the thumbnail which is frustrating as I want to send some photos to someone but have to click on each image and open it to view it, same applies to videos, help!...
  3. Thumbnail display

Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  4. "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop: Hi, I've been having this "Display File Icon on Thumbnail" minor problem where Desktop prevents applying this rule on my files (works only when inside a folder), here is an example: [img] [img] Can this be solved somehow? 130747
  5. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  6. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...
  7. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying: Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are now slow to open....
  8. Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge: Hello everyone I've been searching the internet and after finding no results on this question I made this post. I have a lot of video files stored, but when I go into the view tab on file explore and click display icons as large or extra large only some will display at...
  9. Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not displaying PDF thumbnails, but will display JPEGs: Hey Guys, this is an odd one. I have a new Win10 machine which completely refuses to display thumbnails for PDF file types. I have checked the view settings in explorer, and also the visual effects settings and it looks correct. I have tried using Adobe Reader DC...
  10. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...