Windows 10: Thumbnails not showing

Discus and support Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am at a total loss. When I open a folder containing images, the thumbnails appear but immediately disappear leaving icons on view. I have tried just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken W Hawkins, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Thumbnails not showing

I am at a total loss. When I open a folder containing images, the thumbnails appear but immediately disappear leaving icons on view. I have tried just about every suggestion made by Microsoft and numerous 'help' sites, all with no success.

Anyone with any suggestions or experience of the same issue, please reply........

:)

Ken W Hawkins, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Icons and thumbnails not showing

Hi,

It is possible that icons and thumbnails are not showing due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and will provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Thumbnails not showing

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Thumbnails not showing

1. Thumbnails not showing - Similar Threads - Thumbnails showing

2. My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails: I clean my PC with CC Cleaner and my windows explorer can't show any thumbnails. It looks like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-cant-show-thumbnails/caaf5663-7225-461b-b6aa-0939c2850acb
  3. My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Can't Show Thumbnails: I clean my PC with CC Cleaner and my windows explorer can't show any thumbnails. It looks like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-cant-show-thumbnails/caaf5663-7225-461b-b6aa-0939c2850acb
  4. How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc

How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc: I have a HP Computer and am using WINDOWS 11. I unlinked my one drive and linked it back. The thumbnails were showing however when everything was synced just a few thumbnails are now showing but most of them are now icons. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...
  5. How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc: I have a HP Computer and am using WINDOWS 11. I unlinked my one drive and linked it back. The thumbnails were showing however when everything was synced just a few thumbnails are now showing but most of them are now icons. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...
  6. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  7. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  8. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  9. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  10. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail