Windows 10: Tile menu missing after trying to fix it

Discus and support Tile menu missing after trying to fix it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, two days ago the calculator and windows store disappeared. I could not even open them via the web store. So I followed the powershell commands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by danteafk, Jan 23, 2017.

1. danteafk Win User

Tile menu missing after trying to fix it

Hi,

two days ago the calculator and windows store disappeared. I could not even open them via the web store. So I followed the powershell commands that are shown here:

Store - Re-register in Windows 10

After doing that and rebooting, my start menu now looks like this ... no tiles at all

Tile menu missing after trying to fix it [​IMG]

Powershell commands result only in errors...

[/quote] L: My Computer
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    CPU: i7 4790k 4.8ghz
    Motherboard: asus maximus hero vii
    Memory: 16gb samsung green @2400
    Graphics Card: titan x pascal 2100/5500
    Sound Card: asus sonar dx1
    Monitor(s) Displays: PG279Q Gsync @165hz, 2x Qnix2710 @120hz
    Screen Resolution: 2560x1440
    Keyboard: cm quickfire xt pro
    Mouse: roccat kone optical
    PSU: corsair ax1200i
    Case: corsair carbide 540
    Cooling: corsair h115i, h90
    Hard Drives: 950PRO 512GB NVMe, SanDisk Ultra 1TB, Samsung 830, 3x 2TB WD Caviar Black
    Internet Speed: Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
    Browser: chrome
    Antivirus: nod32 smart security

[*]
    [*]
    Caledon Ken TenForums Posts : 7,051 Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1709 New[/b] 23 Jan 2017 #2

danteafk, Jan 23, 2017

2. Downloading my windows 10 upgrade as an iso image

10565 is now installed, but my menu tiles are missing, so after i've sorted that problem, i'll try that route. It's never ending lol.

Thanks again.

Rik_needs_help, Jan 23, 2017
  3. fitzroy51 Win User
    Lost Tiles on Windows 10

When I click on the Start Menu my Tiles showing all apps are missing. How do I restore this?

I am assuming the went missing after an upgrade?

fitzroy51, Jan 23, 2017
  4. Tile menu missing after trying to fix it

Create a restore point.

Doing some reading and in a number of threads it suggested the first powershell command should be

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

And you should try for all users

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

You may wish to google the execution policy unrestricted. I don't wish to make situation worse.

Myself I think I would try System restore if this doesn't work and I would go back at least a week.
    You might also try a system repair from the advance startup option.

I notice you are an Acornis users, have you taken a system image lately.

Caledon Ken, Jan 23, 2017
Thema:

Tile menu missing after trying to fix it

1. Tile menu missing after trying to fix it - Similar Threads - Tile menu missing

2. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  3. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  4. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing: W10 Ver 1903 On occasion, all my chrome tiles will disappear from my Start Menu...usually following a W10 update. It's very frustrating. I've stopped trying to customize my start menu directly with Chrome shortcuts. My solution is to use standard Windows folders to hold my...
  6. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.: Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the...
  7. Startup Menu tile icon missing

Startup Menu tile icon missing: Tile of UWP apps does not show icon in startup menu, the tile is blank and just display background colors. Name of app could be displayed only when in medium size. Other informations: 1. Only newly installed UWP apps have this problem. 2. Before the problem shows up, I...
  8. Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?: Why does this happen? I don't think the apps are gone from the computer but I don't see the tiles on there. Why? This happened with the Microsoft Photo App I had to install it from the store. How does this happen? Could it be a virus? Or is it normal for it to do that because...
  9. Missing tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing tiles in the start menu: I remember that after I had upgraded to Windows 10, my local account wasn't available and the system logged me in with a temporary profile. Then when I logged in with my account, some of the tiles from the start menu had disappeared. I've tried opening powershell and...
  10. Start menu tiles half missing at times

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles half missing at times: On the start menu, the tiles that I made small sometimes half disappear for some reason. Also, not all of my small tiles half disappear, it's only some of them. If I restart the problem is fixed but it usually comes back later. Does anyone know how to fix it? [img] 16105

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot find path C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewyAppXManifest.xml